Singer John Rich Questions Intentions of 'Apprentice' Ladies
By The Boot Editors Posted May 4th 2011 12:30AM
The singer-songwriter, who is competing to raise money for St. Jude Children's Hospital, says the battle is becoming more intense as the participants get closer to the May 22 finale. Still, with the number of contestants dwindling down, the Nashville resident says what makes him stand out from some of his competitors is that he's keeping his eye focused solely on the prize.
"You're standing there with somebody who's not on the show for their charity," he explains to Country Aircheck, referring to the ongoing feud between 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' star NeNe Leakes and TV personality Star Jones.
"It's all about [NeNe's] attitude and wanting to have all that drama. And that's been the separating factor. Why are you here? If you're not raising money, you must be here for yourself. Last night, I was able to visit a five-year-old St. Jude patient and present a check for $649,000. If [Donald] Trump fired me next week, I've still done what I set out to do."
The men's team, which includes the country star plus Lil Jon and Meatloaf, recently acquired previously-fired LaToya Jackson for their team, in a surprising move by Trump. It was an intentional move to derail the guys, Rich speculates, because of their ability to excel week after week. "I honestly think Trump is a little worried the men are bulletproof," he admits. "It's impossible to beat us, so this might be his way of throwing us a curveball."
Get more at The Boot >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Donald Trump
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Donald Trump Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
- Report: Con men faked identities to work with kids on Hollywood film sets
- Iraq War veteran's inspiring journey from front lines to 'Nashville'
- New York Times Apologizes for "Angry Black Woman" Review of Shonda Rhimes' New TV Show: "Commentators Are Correct to Protest"
- Juliette Lewis Defends Scientology, Tom Cruise With "Conspiratorial" Theory
- Ashton Kutcher's Sister Tausha Welcomes Baby Boy Days Before Mila Kunis Set to Give Birth
- Up In Smoke! Alaskan Reporter Charlo Greene Profanely Quits On The Air, With Ulterior Motive In Mind
- Shooting The Messenger? Dina Manzo Says She Needed Therapy After Confronting Twins Teresa Aprea & Nicole Napolitano About Cheating Rumor
- Teresa Giudice's Legal Crisis Manager Wants ?The View' To Hire Her To Revamp Show ? ?I Expect A Call,' She Says