Serena Williams' Stalker Arrested Outside Her Home
By Christo Varghese Posted May 4th 2011 04:30AM
The Daily Mail is reporting that Patenema Ouedraogo was caught on the grounds of Williams' Florida home.
According to police, Ouedraogo, 40, tried to walk into the tennis player's estate but was stopped by security guards.
When Ouedraogo was identified, police realized that he had been named by Williams as a suspected stalker. Love letters that he had written for Williams were also found on him.
The tennis player was not at her home at the time as she was in New York attending the Met Gala.
Ouedraogo has been charged stalking and cyber-stalking and his bail has been set at $25,000. It is also reported that should he make bail, he would immediately be placed under house arrest.
Last month, Williams went to court to take an injunction out against Ouedraogo. He was well known to the tennis player's security team as a potential stalker and Williams' has said that she is "terrified" of him.
Ouedraogo had previously pretended he was Williams' assistant when she appeared on the Home Shopping Network last month and even got access to her dressing room, before he was identified and escorted out of the premises.
Williams, 29, had taken a temporary restraining order against Ouedraogo. However, as he was never found, it could not be served to him.
Ouedraogo has now been ordered to stay at least 500 feet from Williams.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Joins The Voice as a Season Seven Advisor
- Lea Michele Celebrates 28th Birthday With Girlfriends, Gourmet Dinner: PHOTOS
- Ashlee Simpson, Evan Ross to Wed in Connecticut on Sunday, Aug. 31: All the Details!
- Reese Witherspoon Attends A Screening Of ‘Wild’ At The 2014 Telluride Film Festival Day 1
- Get Out Of Their Way! Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Reportedly Pay Locals To Leave Malta Island
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- EJ Johnson Gives Hilarious Breakup Advice to Dorothy Wang & Gets Involved in Her Drama With Roxy—See the #RichKids Clip!
- Happy Birthday, Cameron Diaz! Check Out the Star's Best Roles
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Her Dream to Have Three Children With Kanye West—See the Touching KUWTK Clip!