Serena Williams' Stalker Arrested Outside Her Home
By Christo Varghese Posted May 4th 2011 04:30AM
The Daily Mail is reporting that Patenema Ouedraogo was caught on the grounds of Williams' Florida home.
According to police, Ouedraogo, 40, tried to walk into the tennis player's estate but was stopped by security guards.
When Ouedraogo was identified, police realized that he had been named by Williams as a suspected stalker. Love letters that he had written for Williams were also found on him.
The tennis player was not at her home at the time as she was in New York attending the Met Gala.
Ouedraogo has been charged stalking and cyber-stalking and his bail has been set at $25,000. It is also reported that should he make bail, he would immediately be placed under house arrest.
Last month, Williams went to court to take an injunction out against Ouedraogo. He was well known to the tennis player's security team as a potential stalker and Williams' has said that she is "terrified" of him.
Ouedraogo had previously pretended he was Williams' assistant when she appeared on the Home Shopping Network last month and even got access to her dressing room, before he was identified and escorted out of the premises.
Williams, 29, had taken a temporary restraining order against Ouedraogo. However, as he was never found, it could not be served to him.
Ouedraogo has now been ordered to stay at least 500 feet from Williams.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Poltergeist Actor Oliver Robins Says Costars' Eerie Deaths Were "Just Tragic Coincidences," No Curse
- Watch a Giant Lizard Poop All Over an Us Weekly Animal Planet Video Shoot Gone Horribly Wrong
- Kim Richards' Dying Ex-Husband Monty Confirms He's Missing Daughter Brooke's Wedding: "I Was Given a Few Months to Live"
- Reports: '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Newly Engaged #RichKids Brendan Fitzpatrick and Morgan Stewart Give a Tour of Their First Home Together—See the Clip!
- Best Looks of the Week: Diane Kruger's Gilded Gown, Chanel Iman's Red Carpet Confection & More!
- Armie Hammer & Elizabeth Chambers Celebrate Fifth Wedding Anniversary, Look Forward to "At Least" 50 More!