Jordin Sparks Releases 'I Am Woman,' Reveals Deets of Her Rockin' New Bod
By Contessa Gayles Posted May 5th 2011 02:45PM
Jordin Sparks holds the title of youngest 'American Idol' champ at age 17. Five years later, and she is establishing herself as a woman with the mature sound of her new female anthem 'I Am Woman.' The new music also comes with a new image and Jordin gives AOL Music the deets of her viral bikini Twitpic and reveals how she got her rockin' new bod. The single and ready to mingle Sparks also spills her celebrity crush, current 'Idol' favorites and school-girl giddiness about her upcoming gig on tour with New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys.
What is the message of your new single 'I Am Woman'?
'I Am Woman' is a song about different aspects of the lives of women. It could be a mother, a performer, a woman working in a corporate space -- its all about what we go through as women and how our lives are so crazy. Walk a mile in my shoes, or in my stilettos, if you dare and see what happens. It's all about the strengths that a woman has -- how we can multi-task and carry so much, yet still always be on point when we need to be and on cue when we need to be. It's all about the amazing-ness of a woman.
The public got to know you on 'American Idol' when you were 17 years old. Did you feel the need to establish yourself as a woman to the industry and to your public?
People change and develop different mindsets. I turned 21 in December and it was really funny because I was sitting and thinking about it and I thought, "You know what? Most people still have me carved in their minds as the person I was the last time they saw me," which for a lot of people was on 'American Idol' when I saw 17. And I won, and I was the youngest winner ever and still am. A lot of people still have that in their heads and I've been greeted with "Oh, how's school?" and things like that.
So I said, "OK! Let's just evolve a little bit and grow up a little bit," and my people see that. It's not like I'm trying to be like "I'm a woman now. I can't do anything that has to do with being young," but I'm in that transitional phase of going from a young lady to a woman and discovering who I am and being proud of that. I just want to show that more than anything. And you know, a lot of my fans are growing up with me and going through the same things. So, that was the message I wanted to get across in the song. I like clothes -- I will keep my clothes on! [laughs]
Read the Full Interview and Listen to Jordin Sparks' New Song 'I Am Woman.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- David Letterman's Ex-Cue Card Man Says ?Dave Is the Best Boss in the World'
- Monica Lewinsky Contemplated Suicide, Was Very Nearly ?Humiliated to Death'
- Matthew Morrison Shares Beautiful Wedding Picture With New Wife "Mrs. Renee Marie Morrison"
- Misty Upham's Father Charles Slams Auburn Police: "She Could've Been Alive, We Could've Resuscitated Her"
- Bryan Cranston Responds to Florida Mom's Petition Against Breaking Bad Dolls, Jokes He's Going to Burn His "Florida Mom Action Figure"