Video: Which Contestant Was Eliminated on 'American Idol'?
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 6th 2011 01:30AM
Haley Reinhart had a shaky start, according to the judges, with an unreleased Lady Gaga song. But she closed the show with an amazing take of 'The House of the Rising Sun.' Scotty opened strong with 'Gone,' but wasn't as strong on his second number.
James lost himself in the emotions a bit in his second number, which could have hurt or helped him with viewers. Lauren held back a bit on 'Unchained Melody' while Jacob floundered a lot on 'No Air.' It's one of the strongest Top Five's in recent memory, so it was anyone's week to lose.
After putting James and Lauren through an emotional roller coaster throughout the episode, it was finally revealed that Jacob and Lauren were in the Bottom Two. Lauren had tears streaming down her face, and still Ryan Seacrest forced her through another commercial break.
Afterward, he put her out of her misery by sending her to safety. Jacob Lusk was eliminated, which seemed appropriate. He's been having a harder time reigning his vocals into the songs he's been choosing, and he had two uncomfortable performances this week.
Get more at TV Squad >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Picture of Her Natural, Curly Hair -- See It Here
- Pamela Anderson, Rick Salomon Seen Together Weeks After Filing for Divorce
- Bella Thorne: I'm Bigger Now That I Exercise Everyday
- Rita Ora At the Tao Nightclub At The Venetian Las Vegas
- In Sickness & In Health: Ellen DeGeneres Desperate To Save Her Marriage To Portia De Rossi Following Rehab Stay ? ?Portia Is Her World,' Says Source
- Radar Told You First! ?Dance Moms' Star Abby Lee Miller Admits Engagement To Michael Padula Is A Sham: ?It Was A Comfort Thing . . . I Don't Even Have A Ring'
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Jessie J's New Single "Bang Bang" With Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Leaks—Listen Now!
- Kiefer Sutherland Responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s "Unprofessional" Diss, Says He ''Enjoyed'' Working Together
- We Had a Dance Party With the Orphan Black Cast at Comic-Con and You Should Totally Be Jealous