Paul McCartney Is Engaged to Nancy Shevell
By PopEater Staff Posted May 6th 2011 11:04AM
"It's true," the bride-to-be told the Associated Press. "That's all, but thank you, have a good weekend."
McCartney's publicist Stuart Bell confirmed the news as well, but stopped short of providing any further details about the engagement, saying "we're all thrilled for him."
A source spilled the beans to PEOPLE earlier Friday. "Nancy and Paul are getting married," they said. "Ring and all -- very exciting."
McCartney, 68, and Shevell, a 51-year-old New Yorker, began dating four years ago while the singer was in the midst of his split with second wife, Heather Mills. Tabloids had a field day when they were first spotted together in the Hamptons.
A source at the time told PEOPLE that, "They have the right chemistry. They're both cool, chilled out and optimistic."
Cool and chill was a welcome change for McCartney, who lost his first wife, Linda, to cancer in 1998 at age 56, then remarried four years later to Heather Mills. That marriage, of course, ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keira Knightley: I'm a spelling error
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli getting hitched?
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Extra Scoop: GoDaddy Pulls ?Puppy' Ad from Super Bowl
- Pics! 'Bachelorette' Desiree Hartsock and Hubby Chris Siegfried's Hot Honeymoon
- Is There a David Letterman and Jay Leno Reunion in the Works?
- Chelsea Handler Touts Middle East Peace, Goes Topless and Wears Only Star of David Pasties in Israel While Riding a Camel
- Minions Get Naked, Go Streaking in Super Bowl XLIX Ad -- Watch the Craziness Here!
- Kim Kardashian: Jennifer Lawrence "Screamed" When She Saw Me, Loves My Family's Show