Paul McCartney Is Engaged to Nancy Shevell
By PopEater Staff Posted May 6th 2011 11:04AM
"It's true," the bride-to-be told the Associated Press. "That's all, but thank you, have a good weekend."
McCartney's publicist Stuart Bell confirmed the news as well, but stopped short of providing any further details about the engagement, saying "we're all thrilled for him."
A source spilled the beans to PEOPLE earlier Friday. "Nancy and Paul are getting married," they said. "Ring and all -- very exciting."
McCartney, 68, and Shevell, a 51-year-old New Yorker, began dating four years ago while the singer was in the midst of his split with second wife, Heather Mills. Tabloids had a field day when they were first spotted together in the Hamptons.
A source at the time told PEOPLE that, "They have the right chemistry. They're both cool, chilled out and optimistic."
Cool and chill was a welcome change for McCartney, who lost his first wife, Linda, to cancer in 1998 at age 56, then remarried four years later to Heather Mills. That marriage, of course, ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift, One Direction among stars set to shine at Billboard Music Awards
- Twilight time for Stewart, Pattinson?
- Digital Cannes: Meet the IMDb guy ? Colin Needham
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Band Member Injured By Bottle During Concert
- WATCH: 'Workaholics' Star's Highly Accurate Commencement Line
- WATCH: Uh Oh, Jen Is Still Mad At Ben
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Kanye West on ?SNL': Performs ?New Slaves,' ?Black Skinhead'
- ?SNL' Bids Farewell to Bill Hader with a Big Stefon Wedding
- Angie Everhart: ?I Am Cancer Free!'