Paul McCartney Is Engaged to Nancy Shevell
By PopEater Staff Posted May 6th 2011 11:04AM
"It's true," the bride-to-be told the Associated Press. "That's all, but thank you, have a good weekend."
McCartney's publicist Stuart Bell confirmed the news as well, but stopped short of providing any further details about the engagement, saying "we're all thrilled for him."
A source spilled the beans to PEOPLE earlier Friday. "Nancy and Paul are getting married," they said. "Ring and all -- very exciting."
McCartney, 68, and Shevell, a 51-year-old New Yorker, began dating four years ago while the singer was in the midst of his split with second wife, Heather Mills. Tabloids had a field day when they were first spotted together in the Hamptons.
A source at the time told PEOPLE that, "They have the right chemistry. They're both cool, chilled out and optimistic."
Cool and chill was a welcome change for McCartney, who lost his first wife, Linda, to cancer in 1998 at age 56, then remarried four years later to Heather Mills. That marriage, of course, ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- Clare Crawley Has a Message for ?Bachelor' Juan Pablo
- Taylor Armstrong Opens Up About Finding Love Again
- Bye Bye, Hospital! Miley Cyrus Goes Home, ?Feeling Much Better'