Composing 'The Book of Mormon' With 'South Park' Creators Was Like Being In a Band, Says Writer
By John Mitchell Posted May 7th 2011 10:00PM
The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two Mormon missionaries sent on a mission to Uganda. As you might expect from a team of master satirists, the musical gently pokes fun at organized religion with songs like 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream,' 'Making Things Up Again' and 'Baptize Me.'
We were lucky enough to talk to Lopez, who with Parker and Stone is nominated for Best Book of Musical and Best Original Score, and Best Featured Actor nominee Rory O'Malley, who plays a closeted gay man in denial in the show, at a press event in New York. They told us all about working with Parker and Stone and what it's like being a part of one of Broadway's biggest shows.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!