Composing 'The Book of Mormon' With 'South Park' Creators Was Like Being In a Band, Says Writer
By John Mitchell Posted May 7th 2011 10:00PM
The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two Mormon missionaries sent on a mission to Uganda. As you might expect from a team of master satirists, the musical gently pokes fun at organized religion with songs like 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream,' 'Making Things Up Again' and 'Baptize Me.'
We were lucky enough to talk to Lopez, who with Parker and Stone is nominated for Best Book of Musical and Best Original Score, and Best Featured Actor nominee Rory O'Malley, who plays a closeted gay man in denial in the show, at a press event in New York. They told us all about working with Parker and Stone and what it's like being a part of one of Broadway's biggest shows.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Polly Bergen Dead: Actress and Singer Dies at 84
- George Clooney Will Wear Giorgio Armani Tux to Wed Amal Alamuddin
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's Mama June, Sugar Bear Ditch Commitment Rings After Separation News: Pictures
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Polly Bergen, versatile actress, singer dies at 84
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Little People, Big World Star Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Botti—Get the Details on Their Farm Wedding!
- Shirtless Jared Leto Shows Off His Impressive Junk Once Again During Concert—See the Hot Pic!
- Prince William Gives Health Update on Pregnant Kate Middleton During Visit to Malta