Composing 'The Book of Mormon' With 'South Park' Creators Was Like Being In a Band, Says Writer
By John Mitchell Posted May 7th 2011 10:00PM
The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two Mormon missionaries sent on a mission to Uganda. As you might expect from a team of master satirists, the musical gently pokes fun at organized religion with songs like 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream,' 'Making Things Up Again' and 'Baptize Me.'
We were lucky enough to talk to Lopez, who with Parker and Stone is nominated for Best Book of Musical and Best Original Score, and Best Featured Actor nominee Rory O'Malley, who plays a closeted gay man in denial in the show, at a press event in New York. They told us all about working with Parker and Stone and what it's like being a part of one of Broadway's biggest shows.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selena Gomez Sizzles in the Skimpiest Lingerie While Promoting Upcoming Album: See the Video!
- Caitlyn Jenner: I Wore a Bra and Pantyhose Under My Suit When Giving Motivational Speeches as Bruce
- Caitlyn, Kendall Jenner Both Wear Leather Pants on Nights Out: Check Out Their Edgy Street Style
- 'We haven't found it yet': 'Airplane Repo' star's escaped King Cobra at large
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp shines in gritty gangster tale 'Black Mass'
- Caitlyn Jenner and Ellen DeGeneres Fulfill Blossom Brown's Dream of Going to Nursing School With Huge Check: Watch the Emotional Clip!
- Angelina Jolie Shows Off Her Sinister Side in Acting Class at Age 25: Watch the Flashback Clip
- Mindy Kaling Fights Body Shaming, Reveals the "Intoxicating Feeling" She Gets From B.J. Novak