Composing 'The Book of Mormon' With 'South Park' Creators Was Like Being In a Band, Says Writer
By John Mitchell Posted May 7th 2011 10:00PM
The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two Mormon missionaries sent on a mission to Uganda. As you might expect from a team of master satirists, the musical gently pokes fun at organized religion with songs like 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream,' 'Making Things Up Again' and 'Baptize Me.'
We were lucky enough to talk to Lopez, who with Parker and Stone is nominated for Best Book of Musical and Best Original Score, and Best Featured Actor nominee Rory O'Malley, who plays a closeted gay man in denial in the show, at a press event in New York. They told us all about working with Parker and Stone and what it's like being a part of one of Broadway's biggest shows.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nick Jonas Premieres "Chains" Music Video Featuring Dylan Penn
- Big Bang Theory Delays Season 8 Production Due to Contract Negotiations
- Robert Pattinson on Ex-Girlfriend Kristen Stewart's Cheating Scandal: "S--- Happens, You Know?"
- Let It Go! Justin Bieber Posts Sad Pic Of Orlando Bloom ? Then Deletes It! AND THEN Reposts It! Also, Deleted Pic Of Miranda Kerr
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ireland Baldwin channels Kim Basinger in '9 1/2 Weeks'
- Get Ready to Fall in Love With This Sexy Professional Bo Staffer (Yep, You Read That Right)
- Michelle Rodriguez Returns to Spain Without Zac Efron: Did Their Hookup Fizzle as Fast as These 5 Celeb Flings?
- Here's What Would Happen If Marnie From Girls Had Been Cast in Peter Pan Live! Instead