Composing 'The Book of Mormon' With 'South Park' Creators Was Like Being In a Band, Says Writer
By John Mitchell Posted May 7th 2011 10:00PM
The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two Mormon missionaries sent on a mission to Uganda. As you might expect from a team of master satirists, the musical gently pokes fun at organized religion with songs like 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream,' 'Making Things Up Again' and 'Baptize Me.'
We were lucky enough to talk to Lopez, who with Parker and Stone is nominated for Best Book of Musical and Best Original Score, and Best Featured Actor nominee Rory O'Malley, who plays a closeted gay man in denial in the show, at a press event in New York. They told us all about working with Parker and Stone and what it's like being a part of one of Broadway's biggest shows.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- President Barack Obama Shops at the Gap, Buys Tops for Daughters and Wife, Michelle Obama
- Chris Harrison on Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis: "From the Beginning Something Just Didn't Seem Right"
- Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts' Stylist Tops Power Celeb Stylists 2014 List
- Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial: Forensic Expert Says Athlete WAS On Stumps In Shooting, Demonstrates Possible Sequence Of Events
- Jerry Sandusky's Wife Makes Shocking Excuses For Child Molesting: Says ?He Showered With Kids,' But That's ?Generation He Grew Up In'
- High school students pay up to turn off Justin Bieber's music
- Alan Thicke to star in new reality show 'Unusually Thicke'
- Country stars Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney top earners in all of music
- Pablo Schreiber Returning to Law & Order: SVU for a Dangerous Confrontation With Mariska Hargitay's Benson
- Gisele Bündchen Faces Off with Victoria's Secret, Both Brands To Open Lingerie Stores in Brazil in May 2014
- Here Is the Wolf of Sesame Street Mashup You've Been Waiting For