'Jersey Shore' Delayed Again, Italian Permits Revoked
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 9th 2011 07:03AM
According to RadarOnline.com, the city of Florence has revoked the show's permits to film at several historical landmarks, including the Uffizi gallery and Palazzo Vecchio.
Several cast members, including Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and Paul 'DJ Pauly D' DelVecchio were filmed, bags packed and ready to roll, at the airport last week but MTV told them to hang tight until the show figures out a plan.
This hiccup in production is just latest speed bump for the producers. Problems began when several cast members held out for bigger raises last month, which first delayed their trip.
Next came the backlash from Italian citizens who were not happy that they show would be filming on their home soil. When the mayor of Florence released a list of "rules" for the reality stars -- including no filming in bars and no drinking in public -- it began to look grim for the next season of 'Jersey Shore.'
Now, with filming permits in question, will viewers even get to see any Italian sights other than the roommates' rented townhouse?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Joan Hart Loses 40 Pounds: "I'm Slimmer Than Before the Baby!"
- Bachelor Juan Pablo Picks Nikki Ferrell: Former Bachelor Stars, Celebrities React With Shock, Disgust
- Game of Thrones Vanity Fair Cover; Show Creators Know How Series Ends
- Bad Boy Bachelor! Juan Pablo Rants Rudely To Host Chris Harrison, Refuses To Tell Nikki He Loves Her
- Lucky Break! Tori Spelling Settles $60M Lawsuit Over Claims She Stole The Idea For Her TV Show
- Justin Bieber gets May 5 trial date for DUI and other Florida charges
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- Source: Celebrity skin guru murder-for-hire arrest 'fishy'
- Can Rollins Recover? On Set of Law & Order: SVU With Kelli Giddish, Donal Logue and Ice-T
- Juan Pablo Galavis, the Worst Bachelor Ever? How He Ranks in the Franchise's Worst Endings
- Devil's Knot Trailer: Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth at Center of Movie About the West Memphis Three