'Jersey Shore' Delayed Again, Italian Permits Revoked
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 9th 2011 07:03AM
According to RadarOnline.com, the city of Florence has revoked the show's permits to film at several historical landmarks, including the Uffizi gallery and Palazzo Vecchio.
Several cast members, including Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and Paul 'DJ Pauly D' DelVecchio were filmed, bags packed and ready to roll, at the airport last week but MTV told them to hang tight until the show figures out a plan.
This hiccup in production is just latest speed bump for the producers. Problems began when several cast members held out for bigger raises last month, which first delayed their trip.
Next came the backlash from Italian citizens who were not happy that they show would be filming on their home soil. When the mayor of Florence released a list of "rules" for the reality stars -- including no filming in bars and no drinking in public -- it began to look grim for the next season of 'Jersey Shore.'
Now, with filming permits in question, will viewers even get to see any Italian sights other than the roommates' rented townhouse?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Blacklist Recap: Red Reddington Gets Ruthless to Save His Wife
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Movie Night Recap: Two Perfect Scores, One Surprising Elimination
- Jason Derulo Not on "Good Terms" With Jordin Sparks Post-Split; Amanda Bynes Arrested for Second DUI: Top 5 Stories
- Family First ? George Zimmerman's Brother Robert Talks Family Rebranding And His Role Models: ?I Learn A Lot' From Kardashians
- ?The View' Feuds: Rosie O'Donnell & Whoopi Goldberg Fight In Front Of Audience – ?I'm Really Sick Of Your Sh*t!'
- It's A Presidential Baby! Chelsea Clinton Introduces Daughter Charlotte To The World – See Their Bundle Of Joy
- Wal-Mart claims Tracy Morgan, fellow passengers weren't wearing seatbelts in crash
- Amanda Bynes arrested on DUI charge
- 'Django' actress says she didn't cooperate with police because of racial profiling at 16
- Chris Martin Visits Gwyneth Paltrow on Her Birthday—Plus, Find Out Who Attended Her Private Bash!
- Dancing With The Stars: Who Went Home? Plus, Find Out Who Got the First Perfect Score of the Season!
- Donald Trump Gets Pranked, Threatens Lawsuit After He Retweets Picture of British Serial Killers