Who Will Meredith Vieira Miss Most on 'TODAY'?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 9th 2011 05:05PM
EXCLUSIVE: Hours after Meredith Vieira announced she would be leaving the 'TODAY' on June 8th, I asked her -- in front of her partners Matt, Ann, Al and Natalie -- who she would miss the most. "The scarecrow," she replied, like Dorothy leaving OZ, before adding that she would miss everyone, "It really is a family."
Meredith took time to answer questions about why she had decided to leave the top-rated morning show and made it clear that recent headlines suggesting it was due to her husband's failing health were not true. "My husband Richard is in good health and that is part of the reason I want to leave," she said. "I want to appreciate our time together."
And although the charming Matt Lauer wouldn't compare his three co-hosts (Katie, Meredith and Ann) he did make it clear he had mixed emotions.
"I have never enjoyed working with anyone more than Meredith," he said. "I'm sorry to see her go, but this is the way it's supposed to be."
Matt expressed how thrilled he was for Ann, whom he said, "has a heart as big as this room." (We were in the studio where NBC broadcasts 'SNL.')
Finally, Ann admitted that she doesn't like change in the morning, even this one, but was excited about her new role. Executive Producer, Jim Bell, who has now had the experience of losing Katie and Meredith, said it best, "yes, Meredith is that wonderful and special. We will miss her terribly," but pointed out that Ann "is one of the best storytellers in this family."
I can't wait for the next chapter!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Julia Roberts, Jimmy Fallon Throw Giant Balls at Each Other's Faces, Get Squashed Noses
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!