Ralph Macchio Battling 'Serious Pain' Due to Ruptured Cyst
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted May 9th 2011 03:42PM
"Have missed days of rehearsal this week," Macchio tweeted. "Had a ruptured cyst on the back of my knee causing acute pain. Hoping to be able to perform tonight!"
But hopefully Macchio's injury won't keep him from the dance floor. He and partner, Karina Smirnoff are one of only five couples left in the race for the coveted Mirror Ball trophy. In order to compete during tonight's show, Macchio will have to fight past the 'serious pain' and muster up some extra endurance -- all of the couples will performing two different routines tonight.
According to People, Macchio has a Baker's cyst, which results from a buildup of extraneous fluid behind the knee. But apparently the injury won't keep this karate kid down.
"Will be rough around the edges w/o rehearse time," Macchio tweeted. "But performing with @Karina_Smirnoff for u guys is the hi-light of every week. Hangin in!"
But Smirnoff isn't leaving anything up to chance and is asking for help from the big guy upstairs to pull off a miracle.
"We lost 4 days of rehearsals," she tweeted. "But I couldn't be more proud of @ralphmacchio & his will and desire to continue through pain. Please pray 4 us."
Hopefully Smirnoff will be able to keep things caliente enough for the both of them on the dance floor.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Watch a Supercut of Stars Getting Slimed!
- Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise Live It Up at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Pics!
- Nick Jonas Gets Drenched in Slime at 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Watch the Video!
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Angelina Jolie Delivers Inspiring Kids' Choice Awards Speech: "Smile and Hold Your Head Up High"
- Destiny's Child Reunites at the Stellar Gospel Music Awards for Their First Performance Since the Super Bowl
- 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Nick Jonas Pokes Fun at One Direction, Angelina Jolie Inspires and More Big Moments