Tyler Shields' New Gallery Is Far From a Fairytale
By Ben Trivett Posted May 9th 2011 03:30PM
True to form, the Tyler Shields opening of 'Life is not a Fairytale' was a star packed event full of energy. In attendance were many of Tyler's favorite models including Lindsay Lohan, Zachary Quinto, AJ McLean, Brittany Snow and many more. Also in attendance was Tyler's usual entourage of Stormtroopers, spacemen, ballerinas, as well as a live cow.
"I love eating meat, I just want everyone to know that I love the animals also" said Shields.
This show was an amazing example of how Tyler has grown as a photographer. It's no longer shock for shock value. He has started creating images that take celebrity photography to a new level. There is a certain amount of intimacy that Tyler's images have that hardly any other photographer can gain.
We were able to chat with many of the celebs at the gallery as well as an EXCLUSIVE interview with Lindsay Lohan. Check out questions from the show below.
Lindsay Lohan looked stunning as she entered the gallery and was awesome enough to take some time and talk with us about her experience shooting with Tyler.
PopEater: What was it like shooting with Tyler?
LL: It's interesting, we actually shoot all the time.
PopEater: What was your favorite shoot with him?
LL: It was crazy, I had him come over to my apartment building and I had a bunch of friends over at the same time, we ended up getting 20 or so people in the pool to pretend that they were dead. We pretty much got the whole party into the pool for the shoot. It was really amazing.
We also talked with Zachary Quinto, who has modeled for Tyler many times in the past, about shooting with Tyler and the intense demands put on him, including dragging him behind a truck at 25 MPH.
PopEater: So, we heard that you shot the new images last Thursday and they were printed and hung by Saturday, how crazy is that?
ZQ: Yeah, it's pretty crazy how Tyler works, it's always been like that shooting with him... very intense.
There was also a few members from the 'Glee' cast in attendance. We caught up with Jenna Ushkowitz to chat her up about her experience and what goes into a shoot with Tyler.
PopEater: Whats different with working with Tyler versus other celebrity photographers?
JU: Here's the thing, when you're shooting with magazines, they have a very clear vision of what they want and with Tyler it's like "Lets try this, lets try that, put a whip in your hand, put on this gown, no don't, put this dress on." It's definitely more collaborative and more fun.
Even 'Glee' star Kevin McHale wants to get in on the action.
KM: I'd love to shoot with Tyler, I'm just waiting for him to ask.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of Tyler's celebrity work. If you didn't get the chance to check out his show, be sure to check out his site at www.TylerShields.com.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Stalker Creator Kevin Williamson Reveals Scary Real-Life Experience That Inspired the Show
- Vince Vaughn Holds Hands With Wife, Kyla Weber, During Rare Public Night Out—Take a Look!
- Shirtless Tony Goldwyn Pokes Fun at Scandal Co-Star Scott Foley's Sexy Ad Campaign