Five Years Later, Oprah and James Frey to Meet Again
By PopEater Staff Posted May 10th 2011 05:22PM
Frey will sit down with Winfrey on May 16 and 17 and will probably talk about that one time in early 2006 when she called him out for deceiving her and readers with wild tales of cop-hitting and jail time in his supposed biography 'A Million Little Pieces.'
The show revealed the booking on Tuesday's episode when the announcer deemed it "the biggest controversy in Oprah show history."
The author revealed in a 2009 Vanity Fair interview that Winfrey has already apologized for the televised tush-whooping she gave Frey on her show after he admitted 'Pieces' contained embellishments.
"You conned us all," she said during the shaming, which also included Frey's publisher Nan Talese. "It's embarrassing and disappointing for me."
It was a particularly hard-edged, cringe-inducing episode uncharacteristic of Winfrey's normal persona of a positive life guru.
Since then, the TV icon has seen the error of her methods. According to Frey, Winfrey explained that she now realizes that the legendary ambush was actually about her bruised ego and the pain of having been personally betrayed. She is the one who brought riches and fame upon Frey by selecting 'Pieces' for her book club.
Winfrey's show ends May 25 after 25 years.
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Gwen Stefani's Dad Gets Temporary Restraining Order to Protect Family From Alleged Stalker
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!