Why No Pre-Nup for Paul McCartney and Wife No. 3?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 10th 2011 09:10AM
All you need is love. And two rich people who don't need each other's money. Paul McCartney and his girlfriend of over four years, Nancy Shevell, are engaged to be married and once again Paul is considering not having a pre-nuptial agreement.
"His friends and business advisers think he's crazy after what happened with his ex, but Paul is insisting Nancy is no Heather," a family insider tells me. "There's no need to make marriage a business arrangement."
According to the Daily Mail, Paul's legal team has drawn up a single-page agreement that says if the marriage doesn't work out, then she won't go after the trust funds for his kids. That's it.
Nancy is already a very successful businesswoman in New York and her dad, Mike Shevell, is a trucking magnate who has amassed a humongous fortune. Needless to say, she doesn't need Paul to make her wealthy. Plus the two have been taking things slowly and not rushing into saying 'I Do.'
The Beatles legend and Nancy started dating when they met in the posh Hamptons during the summer of 2007, and have been inseparable -- although very private -- ever since.
"They are the perfect couple. And have both had a huge impact on each other," my source tells me. "She has once again shown him that falling in love doesn't have to hurt."
Paul's marriage to Linda McCartney ended tragically after she lost a battle with cancer and his second marriage to Heather Mills ended in a very ugly and costly divorce.
"This one will last forever," an insider tells me. "She is the opposite of Heather and hates the public spotlight, plus she doesn't need his money to live a great life."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Memorial for Paul Walker expected to draw thousands in LA
- 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M in second week
- Susan Boyle says she has Asperger's syndrome
- Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Shirley MacLaine, and Martina Arroyo receive Kennedy Center Honors
- ?SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars ? VIDEO
- PopWatch Planner: ?Arrow', ?Scandal' mid-season finales, ?American Hustle' in theaters, more
- Paul Walker's Tragic Death: Inside the 'Fast and Furious' Star's Memorial Service
- Hilarious ?SNL' Video: One Direction vs. Paul Rudd and His ?Man Band'
- Susan Boyle Reveals She Has Asperger's Syndrome