Stevie Nicks Says 'Stupid' Doctor 'Ruined My Life for Eight Years'
By PopEater Staff Posted May 10th 2011 10:15AM
The singer, 62, who battled substance abuse in the 1980s, entered the Betty Ford Clinic in 1986 to overcome an addiction to cocaine. That same year a psychiatrist prescribed her Klonopin which is usually for seizures and panic disorders. The results were almost fatal.
"That ruined my life for eight years," she told FOX411's Pop Tarts. "That was just a stupid doctor making a groupie mistake and just wanting me to come in there, tell him about all my music friends and young Hollywood, and that nearly ruined my life and nearly killed me."
Nicks laments the loss of eight years of her life.
"God knows, maybe I would have met someone, maybe I would have had a baby," she said. "That was my prime eight years. That was a big mistake. Everything else was exactly how it should have been."
Nicks, who has a new album out called 'In Your Dreams' had a surprising dinner guest while she was recording her first studio album since 2001: Reese Witherspoon. The two met when Nicks sat next to Witherspoon's mother on a flight to Nashville -- "she's darling" -- and invited her and her husband to watch her record.
The actress, who won an Oscar for portraying a singer, June Carter Cash, even came up with a name for one of the tracks on Nicks' new album: 'Cheaper Than Free.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- Political correctness in Hollywood running amok?
- Watch! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Shay Mitchell Gets a Hair Makeover
- Police Raid Home of '50 Shades' Director and 'Kick Ass 2' Star over Machine Gun
- See First Pic of Angelina Jolie Since Wedding News
- Angelina Jolie Steps Out After Wedding, Melissa Rivers on Joan Rivers: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Bill Murray Tears Tickets at St. Paul Saints Independent League Baseball Game, Catches First Pitch: Watch!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting