'The Biggest Loser' Star Jillian Michaels Adopting a Baby From the Congo
By Christo Varghese Posted May 11th 2011 04:15AM
UsMagazine.com is reporting that the aspiring mom revealed to them that she has completed all the necessary paperwork and is now just waiting for the call to go and pick up her new baby boy or girl.
Michaels is quoted saying, "My dossier, which is your paperwork portfolio, is in to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. So the paperwork is done, and now it's just a waiting game."
She continues, "It could be six months, twelve months; it could be two years. Or, it could be tomorrow! They call you and they say, 'Oh, we have your referral,' which is essentially the child they match you up with, and you go overseas and you get him or her."
The 37-year-old trainer landed in hot water last year when she told Women's Health that she would rather adopt an African baby as opposed to getting pregnant.
Michaels said, "I can't handle doing that to my body. Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."
Later, in an interview with the New York Times, she addressed the callous-sounding comments, explaining that she has endometriosis and listed a laundry list of reasons she couldn't get pregnant. She said she felt "ashamed" because people expect her to be the "healthiest woman in the world."
"The reality is that I have endometriosis, and I most likely couldn't get pregnant. I've had the X-rays, my tubes are closed, the uterine lining is too thick, blah, blah, blah. I was ashamed about it because I thought I'm supposed to be the healthiest woman in the world, and what does this say about me if I can't have kids of my own. It was insecurity, which I have to work on."
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers Honored in Fashion Police Return, Daughter Melissa Introduces New "What Would Joan Say?" Segment
- Peta Murgatroyd Pulls Out of Dancing With The Stars Season 21 Due to Ankle Injury: Details
- Taylor Swift, Brother Austin Swift Stay Humble, Share Awesome #TBT Photo of Life on the Farm
- Amalie Lee documents recovery from anorexia on Instagram
- How 'Fear of The Walking Dead' star Elizabeth Rodriguez deals with gore
- Miley Cyrus disses Taylor Swift: 'I don't want to be in the squad'
- Theo James' First Official Hugo Boss Fragrance Ad Is Here—See the Steamy Pic!
- Kesha is Heading to Jane the Virgin! Get the Details on the Pop Star's Guest Starring Role
- Benji Madden Wishes Cameron Diaz Happy Birthday With the Absolute Cutest Message Ever—Read It Here!