'The Biggest Loser' Star Jillian Michaels Adopting a Baby From the Congo
By Christo Varghese Posted May 11th 2011 04:15AM
UsMagazine.com is reporting that the aspiring mom revealed to them that she has completed all the necessary paperwork and is now just waiting for the call to go and pick up her new baby boy or girl.
Michaels is quoted saying, "My dossier, which is your paperwork portfolio, is in to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. So the paperwork is done, and now it's just a waiting game."
She continues, "It could be six months, twelve months; it could be two years. Or, it could be tomorrow! They call you and they say, 'Oh, we have your referral,' which is essentially the child they match you up with, and you go overseas and you get him or her."
The 37-year-old trainer landed in hot water last year when she told Women's Health that she would rather adopt an African baby as opposed to getting pregnant.
Michaels said, "I can't handle doing that to my body. Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."
Later, in an interview with the New York Times, she addressed the callous-sounding comments, explaining that she has endometriosis and listed a laundry list of reasons she couldn't get pregnant. She said she felt "ashamed" because people expect her to be the "healthiest woman in the world."
"The reality is that I have endometriosis, and I most likely couldn't get pregnant. I've had the X-rays, my tubes are closed, the uterine lining is too thick, blah, blah, blah. I was ashamed about it because I thought I'm supposed to be the healthiest woman in the world, and what does this say about me if I can't have kids of my own. It was insecurity, which I have to work on."
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Harrison Breaks Silence on Whitney Bischoff, Chris Soules Split: "It's Sad"
- Kelly Ripa Dishes About the New Cleanse That "Changed Her Life": "I'm Eating More Than Ever"
- Kristen Bell Accidentally Takes UberPool, Live Tweets Entire Ride: "This Silence Is Awkward"
- Courtney Stodden responds to momager quitting: She just wants to be famous
- Lori Loughlin joins 'Fuller House,' reacts to Olsen twins snub
- 'The Bachelor's' Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff have broken up
- Pregnant Jaime King Stuns While Showing Off Her Growing Baby Bump—Plus, Is the Second Time Around Any Easier? Watch!
- Eminem's "Lose Yourself" Performed Entirely in American Sign Language Is Incredible: Watch Now!
- Entourage Director Says Gary Busey Showed Up to Shoot His Cameo and Didn't Remember He'd Done the TV Show First