'Housewife' Alexis Bellino Reveals Eating Disorder
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 12th 2011 08:29AM
"I suffered from both anorexia and bulimia," Bellino told E! Online. "It's something like alcoholism...Suffering from an eating disorder you can't go, 'I'm cured, I'm completely cured,' but you don't have to practice it."
The Bravo star remembers when her own parents' divorce triggered the disorder at age 12.
"My teacher called my mom and said she was worried I wasn't eating," Bellino said. However, she was 18 when the disorder began to take a scary toll on her health.
"In college I would go days without eating, because it does consume you...I would do both, but mostly purging because I would be out with friends. It's not pretty," she said, adding that her mother helped her seek professional help.
Now, the happily married mother of three is speaking out in order to help those in similar situations.
"It's time to try to help people with something I overcame," she said. "Someone can be 10 years free of it. Your life can go back to normal. I've been through a lot of therapy over the years," adding, "You can come through the other side."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Avicii Splits From Live-In Girlfriend Raquel Bettencourt: Get the Breakup Details
- Bill Cosby Under Police Investigation Amid Rape Allegations, More Women Claim Abuse: Report
- Ben McKenzie Admits to Using Handcuffs in Bed With a Woman, Talks Dating Regrets
- The Colbert Report Ends With A Fight With Death, A Huge Celeb Sing-Along & Abraham Lincoln the Unicorn
- George Clooney on Sony Pulling The Interview: Kim Jong Un, ''of all F--king People,'' Is Telling Us What We Can Watch
- Who's Pressuring Tiffani Thiessen to Get Pregnant Again?! White Collar Star Talks Planning for Baby No. 2