'Housewife' Alexis Bellino Reveals Eating Disorder
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 12th 2011 08:29AM
"I suffered from both anorexia and bulimia," Bellino told E! Online. "It's something like alcoholism...Suffering from an eating disorder you can't go, 'I'm cured, I'm completely cured,' but you don't have to practice it."
The Bravo star remembers when her own parents' divorce triggered the disorder at age 12.
"My teacher called my mom and said she was worried I wasn't eating," Bellino said. However, she was 18 when the disorder began to take a scary toll on her health.
"In college I would go days without eating, because it does consume you...I would do both, but mostly purging because I would be out with friends. It's not pretty," she said, adding that her mother helped her seek professional help.
Now, the happily married mother of three is speaking out in order to help those in similar situations.
"It's time to try to help people with something I overcame," she said. "Someone can be 10 years free of it. Your life can go back to normal. I've been through a lot of therapy over the years," adding, "You can come through the other side."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William: "I'll Have To Ask The Missus" if Prince George, Princess Charlotte Can Watch Soccer
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair Reunite for Cruel Intentions: Reenact Kiss
- Aquarius Premiere Recap: Everything You Need to Know About David Duchovny's Charles Manson Police Drama
- Rashida Jones' documentary shows how porn companies lure teenage girls
- ?Big Bang Theory' stars and execs fund scholarship for UCLA students
- Giuliana Rancic shows off bikini body after being criticized for thin frame
- Cruel Intentions Reunion: Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair See the Musical: Pics!
- Two Genius Teens Tie as Champions of National Spelling Bee—See Their Insane Winning Words!
- Johnny Depp's Daughter, Lily-Rose, Celebrates Her ''Sour Sixteen'' With Family and Friends—See the Pics!