Heather Mills in Ski Accident While Training for Paralympics
The former model and prosthetic leg user sustained a fractured right shoulder blade in the accident and was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz, a hospital spokesman said.
Local broadcaster ORF spoke to Mills, who said she crashed into a plastic pole that had apparently turned rock-hard because of the cold conditions.
"That's skiing, you know," she said.
According to the AP, Mills was released Thursday morning and is expected to make a full recovery. It's not clear if she's still in Austria or is heading back to her native Britain.
Mills recently bought a house in southern Austria and is reportedly training to compete in the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
It was reported earlier this week that Mills' ex-husband, Paul McCartney, had become engaged to marry a third time, to businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The Macca-Mills union ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- 'Constantine' Introduces DC Comics Character Jim Corrigan
- How Snooki Got Down to 99 Pounds Just 7 Weeks After Baby
- Duggar Fans Create Counter-Petition to Save TLC Show; Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Latest Mean Tweets Segment: Top 5 Stories
- Jessica Hall Pregnant! Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Expecting First Child With Husband Kyle Carlson
- Armie Hammer's Wife Elizabeth Chambers Celebrates Baby Shower: Photos, Details