Heather Mills in Ski Accident While Training for Paralympics
The former model and prosthetic leg user sustained a fractured right shoulder blade in the accident and was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz, a hospital spokesman said.
Local broadcaster ORF spoke to Mills, who said she crashed into a plastic pole that had apparently turned rock-hard because of the cold conditions.
"That's skiing, you know," she said.
According to the AP, Mills was released Thursday morning and is expected to make a full recovery. It's not clear if she's still in Austria or is heading back to her native Britain.
Mills recently bought a house in southern Austria and is reportedly training to compete in the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
It was reported earlier this week that Mills' ex-husband, Paul McCartney, had become engaged to marry a third time, to businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The Macca-Mills union ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato couldn't go without cocaine for '30 minutes to an hour'
- 1980s Johnny Cash songs, never before heard, getting posthumous release
- Break Time: Bar Refaeli bares all for Elle Spain shoot
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- ?NCIS': How many exes does it take to solve a crime?
- ?Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Separation of church and state
- Extra Scoop: Tila Tequila Believes Hitler Was Misunderstood
- Jennifer Lawrence on 'American Hustle': 'Yeah, I Made Out with Batman'
- Kim Kardashian Selfie Alert! Emulates Her Idol Elizabeth Taylor