Heather Mills in Ski Accident While Training for Paralympics
The former model and prosthetic leg user sustained a fractured right shoulder blade in the accident and was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz, a hospital spokesman said.
Local broadcaster ORF spoke to Mills, who said she crashed into a plastic pole that had apparently turned rock-hard because of the cold conditions.
"That's skiing, you know," she said.
According to the AP, Mills was released Thursday morning and is expected to make a full recovery. It's not clear if she's still in Austria or is heading back to her native Britain.
Mills recently bought a house in southern Austria and is reportedly training to compete in the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
It was reported earlier this week that Mills' ex-husband, Paul McCartney, had become engaged to marry a third time, to businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The Macca-Mills union ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- Rapper cuts off penis in suicide attempt, reattach fails, report says
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999
- Confessions from a ?Real World' open casting call
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- Alexa Ray Joel's First Words About Her Health After Collapsing Onstage
- Kardashian Family News: Kris Jenner Goes to Hospital, Rob Kardashian Not in Rehab
- Wu-Tang Affiliated Rapper Cuts Off Private Part, Jumps from Balcony!