Heather Mills in Ski Accident While Training for Paralympics
The former model and prosthetic leg user sustained a fractured right shoulder blade in the accident and was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz, a hospital spokesman said.
Local broadcaster ORF spoke to Mills, who said she crashed into a plastic pole that had apparently turned rock-hard because of the cold conditions.
"That's skiing, you know," she said.
According to the AP, Mills was released Thursday morning and is expected to make a full recovery. It's not clear if she's still in Austria or is heading back to her native Britain.
Mills recently bought a house in southern Austria and is reportedly training to compete in the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
It was reported earlier this week that Mills' ex-husband, Paul McCartney, had become engaged to marry a third time, to businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The Macca-Mills union ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- ?Water for Elephants' will be adapted into a musical
- Al Pacino names an 8th-grade teacher, Marlon Brando among his acting influences
- Extra Scoop: Kylie Jenner Posts Another Fresh-Faced Selfie
- SAG Awards 2015: The Winners List!
- Get Tips from Denise Austin for a Flatter Stomach and Toned Arms!