Heather Mills in Ski Accident While Training for Paralympics
The former model and prosthetic leg user sustained a fractured right shoulder blade in the accident and was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz, a hospital spokesman said.
Local broadcaster ORF spoke to Mills, who said she crashed into a plastic pole that had apparently turned rock-hard because of the cold conditions.
"That's skiing, you know," she said.
According to the AP, Mills was released Thursday morning and is expected to make a full recovery. It's not clear if she's still in Austria or is heading back to her native Britain.
Mills recently bought a house in southern Austria and is reportedly training to compete in the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
It was reported earlier this week that Mills' ex-husband, Paul McCartney, had become engaged to marry a third time, to businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The Macca-Mills union ended very very badly and cost him about $48.6 million in the divorce settlement.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Extra Scoop: Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter over Canadian Terror Attack Tweet
- New Couple Alert Averted? Orlando Bloom Denies He's Dating Selena Gomez
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Active Styles from New Balance!
- Pippa Middleton Shares Her Diet and Workout Secrets, Reveals How She Got Her Famous Backside in Shape
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch