Jesse James Can't Stop Talking About 'Pretend' Life With Sandra Bullock
Days ago, James revealed to PopEater that he apologized to Bullock, and she accepted. But did she also give him the okay to analyze their romance in public, and keep trying to justify his infidelity?
While promoting his memoir, 'American Outlaw,' James seems bent on taking digs at their time together.
"I'm 100 percent to blame," he told Piers Morgan, Friday on CNN, about his cheating. Nevertheless, he expressed relief to be free of the "pretend" Hollywood life he lived while married to Bullock: "I don't know how I survived."
And he made sure to say his new relationship with fiancee Kat Von D is a happier one free of cheating because it's "on a higher level." He declared, "I don't think me and Sandy were ever really friends."
"I was never 100 percent in," he recently told Men's Journal about marrying Bullock, adding, "I cheated on my wife. Guess what? So do millions of other men."
And of course, he famously told Howard Stern that sex is better with his new partner.
Still, is anything more outrageous than an unfaithful spouse calling the betrayed partner's honesty into question?
When Morgan asked James to recall the loving things Bullock said about him while accepting awards last year (including a Best Actress Oscar for 'The Blind Side'), the former reality TV star revealed a deep-seated doubt in her sincerity:
"She said that same speech at four different awards shows," said James. Then he turned the tables on the talk-show host, asking, "What does she do for a living?"
Morgan: "Movie star. Actor."
James: "Oh, ok. Cool."
Morgan: "You think it was an act?"
James: "Um...You know...I think people have to live in that world."
Speaking of recycling dialogue, it was in her 2010 Golden Globes acceptance speech that Bullock looked at her husband and said, "My work got better when I met you, because I never knew what it felt like for someone to have my back." Now, James finds himself describing Kat Von D in nearly identical language, telling Morgan: "I've never had someone, like, have my back 100 percent, you know?"
MORE ABOUT Sandra Bullock
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sandra Bullock Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- MTV prepared for Miley Cyrus, will air VMAs on a delay
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- Netflix to Part Ways With Epix in September
- Watch THR's Drama Writers Roundtable With Lee Daniels, Damon Lindelof and More
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' Uniform Heading to Auction
- Fergie & Josh\'s \'Little Maverick\'
- Bieber Kisses Britney (Sort Of)
- Taylor & Avril Sing 'Complicated'
- Weekend Box Office: 'Compton' Rules Again, 'War Room' Surprises
- Celebrities Who Are Best Friends IRL
- Quiz: Match the Al Pacino Movie With His Screaming Face