Miranda Lambert Marries Blake Shelton
By Christine Fenno Posted May 15th 2011 08:17AM
The bride, 27, walked down the aisle decked out in her mother's wedding dress, according to Us. After the big event, the groom, 34, said, "I wanted to be married to Miranda the day I proposed. Finally, it's official!"
Lambert said, "I'm married to my best friend!...Looking forward to a lifetime of laughter."
Guests at the celebration reportedly included Cee Lo Green, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride and Dierks Bentley.
The couple have been dating since 2006; Shelton proposed last spring in Oklahoma. It's the first marriage for Lambert, who is Shelton's second wife (his three-year marriage to Kaynette Williams ended in 2006).
The bride was busy tweeting in the days leading up to the wedding, posting updates about everything from her manicure to the deer meat ("harvested by me!") to be served at the reception.
Shelton's workload has been hectic -- including his stint as a mentor on NBC's 'The Voice' -- but he said last month that some downtime with Lambert was next on the schedule: "We're spending almost the entire month of May just hanging out together. I mean no friends, no family, just she and I...hanging out for the good part of the month."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner on Bruce's changing appearance: 'I don't know what he's going through'
- Gene Simmons: Young women should marry older men
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Killing of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
- Sofia Vergara's Ex-Fiance Nick Loeb Sneaks Up on Her at Red Carpet Event -- See the Awkward Pic!
- Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump, Cleavage While Ryan Reynolds Looks On Adoringly