Boston Rob Finally Wins 'Survivor,' Goes Straight Back to Work
By Zach Dionne Posted May 16th 2011 12:25PM
Moments after winning the $1 million title of 'Sole Survivor' during his fourth shot at playing the game, Boston Rob told PopEater at the Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC on Sunday night he wouldn't have much time for celebration.
"I'm going to work tomorrow. I'm doing a new show for the History Channel called 'Around the World in 80 Ways,'" Rob said. "Gotta make a dollar, brother."
Making a buck is indeed one of the Rob-father's specialties; he masterminded "Survivor: Redemption Island" to a flawless win and also took home the $100,000 Sprint Fan Favorite prize. Despite all that cash -- and the fact his wife, Amber, won $1 million on "Survivor: All Stars" in 2004 -- Rob won't kick back any time soon.
"After 10 years [in TV], I've learned the production side of things and I'm really interested in that and I wanna get involved in that," he told us.
As for betrayed alliance member Grant Mattos' sentiments that he hadn't forgiven Rob even months after the show filmed, Rob didn't seem overly fazed.
"Man, you're playing a game for a million dollars -– if you draw yourself a line in the sand, I think you're just handicapping yourself. And I'm not gonna do that. I might as well stay home if I'm gonna do that. I wish things had worked out differently with Grant, but every man's entitled to their opinion," Rob told us. "You learn to play the game and you learn to adapt and I think that's important no matter what you do in life, to always go to the next level."
Fourth-place player Ashley Underwood told PopEater she had a hard time being bitter about losing in the face of Rob's big win. "It's such a story, and he played the best game I think anyone has ever played. I'm proud of him," Ashley said. "He's a good guy. He deserved it."
With Boston Rob's 'Survivor' success story drawing to a close, we'd love to see a memoir from him. Something like 'How to Get Anyone to Trust You in Four Easy Steps,' 'On Living and Growing a Sweet Mustache,' 'I Survived 39 Days with Phillip Sheppard (And Don't Forget Coach),' or, simply, 'The Rob-Father,' perhaps?
See Boston Rob win 'Survivor: Redemption Island':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicholas Brendon Seeking Treatment, Therapy After Buffy the Vampire Slayer Star's "Embarrassing" Arrest
- Richard Gere Accidentally Reveals His Pit Stains on the Red Carpet: Picture
- Misty Upham Died the Day of Her Disappearance, Family "Very Upset" With Auburn Police
- It Was A Kardashian Day Out! Kris, Kourtney And Kim Take Their Kids To The Pumpkin Patch For Hayrides And More!
- ?Happy Couple' Ricki Lake & Christian Evans Are Divorcing Amicably ? How Their Love ?Fell Apart’
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Marla Sokoloff Pregnant! Actress Expecting Baby No. 2 With Husband Alec Puro
- John Oliver's All-Dog Supreme Court Is So Much More Watchable Than the Regular Supreme Court—and That's the Point
- Kate Beckinsale Sports Blond Hairstyle On the Set of The Disappointments Room—See the Pic!