Boston Rob Finally Wins 'Survivor,' Goes Straight Back to Work
By Zach Dionne Posted May 16th 2011 12:25PM
Moments after winning the $1 million title of 'Sole Survivor' during his fourth shot at playing the game, Boston Rob told PopEater at the Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC on Sunday night he wouldn't have much time for celebration.
"I'm going to work tomorrow. I'm doing a new show for the History Channel called 'Around the World in 80 Ways,'" Rob said. "Gotta make a dollar, brother."
Making a buck is indeed one of the Rob-father's specialties; he masterminded "Survivor: Redemption Island" to a flawless win and also took home the $100,000 Sprint Fan Favorite prize. Despite all that cash -- and the fact his wife, Amber, won $1 million on "Survivor: All Stars" in 2004 -- Rob won't kick back any time soon.
"After 10 years [in TV], I've learned the production side of things and I'm really interested in that and I wanna get involved in that," he told us.
As for betrayed alliance member Grant Mattos' sentiments that he hadn't forgiven Rob even months after the show filmed, Rob didn't seem overly fazed.
"Man, you're playing a game for a million dollars -– if you draw yourself a line in the sand, I think you're just handicapping yourself. And I'm not gonna do that. I might as well stay home if I'm gonna do that. I wish things had worked out differently with Grant, but every man's entitled to their opinion," Rob told us. "You learn to play the game and you learn to adapt and I think that's important no matter what you do in life, to always go to the next level."
Fourth-place player Ashley Underwood told PopEater she had a hard time being bitter about losing in the face of Rob's big win. "It's such a story, and he played the best game I think anyone has ever played. I'm proud of him," Ashley said. "He's a good guy. He deserved it."
With Boston Rob's 'Survivor' success story drawing to a close, we'd love to see a memoir from him. Something like 'How to Get Anyone to Trust You in Four Easy Steps,' 'On Living and Growing a Sweet Mustache,' 'I Survived 39 Days with Phillip Sheppard (And Don't Forget Coach),' or, simply, 'The Rob-Father,' perhaps?
See Boston Rob win 'Survivor: Redemption Island':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Season 10 Men Tell All Recap: Lie Detector Results Revealed as Old Fights Spark Up Again
- 5 Seconds of Summer: 5 Things to Know About the Australian Pop Band
- Rachel McAdams "Was In Awe" of Lindsay Lohan on Mean Girls Set and "Learned So Much" From Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Girl Went Wild! Woman Who Sued Joe Francis And Won Is Looking To Collect Her Winnings ASAP!
- Diva Decisions: Madonna Refuses To Participate In Deposition In Hard Candy Lawsuit ? READ The Documents!
- More Shocking Allegations: Derek Hough Claims Pal Mark Ballas' Mom Shirley Slapped Him While Living With The Family In London As A Child
- Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson to guest-star on final season of FX's 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- Stars who make us go 'eww'
- Jimmy Kimmel Shares Five Pictures of Newborn Daughter Jane and Reveals How She Got Her Name
- A Devastating Loss on The Fosters, A Mystery (Sort of) Solved on Under the Dome & More OMG TV Moments
- Fargo Season 2 Will Be Set in 1979 and Focus on Younger Version of...