Boston Rob Finally Wins 'Survivor,' Goes Straight Back to Work
By Zach Dionne Posted May 16th 2011 12:25PM
Moments after winning the $1 million title of 'Sole Survivor' during his fourth shot at playing the game, Boston Rob told PopEater at the Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC on Sunday night he wouldn't have much time for celebration.
"I'm going to work tomorrow. I'm doing a new show for the History Channel called 'Around the World in 80 Ways,'" Rob said. "Gotta make a dollar, brother."
Making a buck is indeed one of the Rob-father's specialties; he masterminded "Survivor: Redemption Island" to a flawless win and also took home the $100,000 Sprint Fan Favorite prize. Despite all that cash -- and the fact his wife, Amber, won $1 million on "Survivor: All Stars" in 2004 -- Rob won't kick back any time soon.
"After 10 years [in TV], I've learned the production side of things and I'm really interested in that and I wanna get involved in that," he told us.
As for betrayed alliance member Grant Mattos' sentiments that he hadn't forgiven Rob even months after the show filmed, Rob didn't seem overly fazed.
"Man, you're playing a game for a million dollars -– if you draw yourself a line in the sand, I think you're just handicapping yourself. And I'm not gonna do that. I might as well stay home if I'm gonna do that. I wish things had worked out differently with Grant, but every man's entitled to their opinion," Rob told us. "You learn to play the game and you learn to adapt and I think that's important no matter what you do in life, to always go to the next level."
Fourth-place player Ashley Underwood told PopEater she had a hard time being bitter about losing in the face of Rob's big win. "It's such a story, and he played the best game I think anyone has ever played. I'm proud of him," Ashley said. "He's a good guy. He deserved it."
With Boston Rob's 'Survivor' success story drawing to a close, we'd love to see a memoir from him. Something like 'How to Get Anyone to Trust You in Four Easy Steps,' 'On Living and Growing a Sweet Mustache,' 'I Survived 39 Days with Phillip Sheppard (And Don't Forget Coach),' or, simply, 'The Rob-Father,' perhaps?
See Boston Rob win 'Survivor: Redemption Island':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''