Source: Charlie Sheen 'Destroyed' by Ashton News
By Rob Shuter Posted May 16th 2011 11:11AM
Charlie Sheen wasted no time on Friday to mock the decision to replace him on 'Two and a Half Men' with Ashton Kutcher, calling the 'That '70s Show' alum a "sweetheart" but a choice that would bring the show down. Despite his public show of gravitas, a source close to Charlie tells me that privately he's "destroyed" by the casting news.
"He really thought that he would be invited back," a friend of Charlie's tells me. "After years of suffering no consequences for his behavior, why would he think anything else? Finally it has sunk in that he doesn't live by different rules to everyone else. Actions do have a consequences."
Following the news that CBS and Warner Bros. Television was going with Ashton, the young actor released a statement praising Charlie. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"
In return, Charlie said: "Ashton Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer. Oh wait, so am I!!" the actor told TMZ. "Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
My source reveals that the casting has hit him hard and that the lack of other offers has weighed heavily on him.
"He is destroyed that Ashton is replacing him. Destroyed," the friend says. "We are all worried that he hasn't hit bottom yet and that this could make him spiral out of control again. Especially after all the other productions that he assumed would happen have fell apart."
Shortly after Charlie was fired he hinted that he was in talks with FOX and HDNet and that he expected to get paid $1 million for a Vanity Fair interview. None of which has yet to be confirmed.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Ashton Kutcher
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ashton Kutcher Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- TV Ratings: 'Hannibal' and '20/20' Improve on Friday
- Tribeca: 'Community's' Gillian Jacobs Relates to Female-Centric Comedy 'Life Partners'
- 'Game of Thrones' Director: 'Everything Takes a Turn' in Sunday's Episode
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)
- Watch the Chilling Opening Scene to Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes' (VIDEO)
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'