Source: Charlie Sheen 'Destroyed' by Ashton News
By Rob Shuter Posted May 16th 2011 11:11AM
Charlie Sheen wasted no time on Friday to mock the decision to replace him on 'Two and a Half Men' with Ashton Kutcher, calling the 'That '70s Show' alum a "sweetheart" but a choice that would bring the show down. Despite his public show of gravitas, a source close to Charlie tells me that privately he's "destroyed" by the casting news.
"He really thought that he would be invited back," a friend of Charlie's tells me. "After years of suffering no consequences for his behavior, why would he think anything else? Finally it has sunk in that he doesn't live by different rules to everyone else. Actions do have a consequences."
Following the news that CBS and Warner Bros. Television was going with Ashton, the young actor released a statement praising Charlie. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"
In return, Charlie said: "Ashton Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer. Oh wait, so am I!!" the actor told TMZ. "Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
My source reveals that the casting has hit him hard and that the lack of other offers has weighed heavily on him.
"He is destroyed that Ashton is replacing him. Destroyed," the friend says. "We are all worried that he hasn't hit bottom yet and that this could make him spiral out of control again. Especially after all the other productions that he assumed would happen have fell apart."
Shortly after Charlie was fired he hinted that he was in talks with FOX and HDNet and that he expected to get paid $1 million for a Vanity Fair interview. None of which has yet to be confirmed.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Ashton Kutcher
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ashton Kutcher Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Then and Now: 'The Brady Bunch'
- Khloe Kardashian Odom yanks T-shirt after Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatens legal action
- Judging panel for 'X Factor' rounded out by Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio
- Will Smith really wants you to remember that he used to be a rapper ? VIDEO
- Microsoft poised to unveil new Xbox
- EW's Morning Bite: And the best sound bite from last night is?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret
- Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- 'The Hangover: Part III' L.A. Premiere: Bradley Cooper and His Wolfpack Were Out in Full Force (PHOTOS)