Source: Charlie Sheen 'Destroyed' by Ashton News
By Rob Shuter Posted May 16th 2011 11:11AM
Charlie Sheen wasted no time on Friday to mock the decision to replace him on 'Two and a Half Men' with Ashton Kutcher, calling the 'That '70s Show' alum a "sweetheart" but a choice that would bring the show down. Despite his public show of gravitas, a source close to Charlie tells me that privately he's "destroyed" by the casting news.
"He really thought that he would be invited back," a friend of Charlie's tells me. "After years of suffering no consequences for his behavior, why would he think anything else? Finally it has sunk in that he doesn't live by different rules to everyone else. Actions do have a consequences."
Following the news that CBS and Warner Bros. Television was going with Ashton, the young actor released a statement praising Charlie. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"
In return, Charlie said: "Ashton Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer. Oh wait, so am I!!" the actor told TMZ. "Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
My source reveals that the casting has hit him hard and that the lack of other offers has weighed heavily on him.
"He is destroyed that Ashton is replacing him. Destroyed," the friend says. "We are all worried that he hasn't hit bottom yet and that this could make him spiral out of control again. Especially after all the other productions that he assumed would happen have fell apart."
Shortly after Charlie was fired he hinted that he was in talks with FOX and HDNet and that he expected to get paid $1 million for a Vanity Fair interview. None of which has yet to be confirmed.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Ashton Kutcher
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ashton Kutcher Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Mimi Kennedy Books HBO's 'The Brink,' ABC's 'Mind Games' (Exclusive)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Reveals 'Gross' Hand Injury (Video)
- 'Community' Season 5 Trailer: A Do-Over Like 'Scrubs' Season 9 (Video)
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- ?Real Housewives of Atlanta': What should Kandi do? POLL
- And the 10 Most Overpaid Actors Are...
- 'Wolf of Wall Street' Has Far More Profanity Than 'Raging Bull,' Says Martin Scorsese
- 'Pompeii' Movie: 10 Things to Know About the 3D Historical Disaster Film