Will 'Dancing' With Pain Help Kym Johnson Win?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 16th 2011 08:54AM
After being rushed to the hospital on Friday following a dance-floor mishap, Kym Johnson returned to 'Dancing With the Stars' practice on Sunday with a huge neck brace in place, showing her determination to take the floor on Monday. However, insiders and former contestants are now wondering if the dramatic accident will help her win.
"There is no doubt that Kym really hurt herself Friday after a fall," an insider tells me. "But to be back at work two days later and going ahead in the competition despite being in pain is obviously going to help her get votes. I'm sorry but I'm just saying what everyone is thinking."
Kym suffered a neck injury while practicing with her partner, Pittsburgh Steelers Hines Ward.
"After several tests, she was cleared by the medical staff, though she is bruised, sore and currently wearing a neck brace," a publicist for the show said in a statement. "Kym plans to continue with Hines Ward in the competition and resume rehearsals as soon as possible."
The blonde beauty took to Twitter shortly after the accident to thank well-wishers. "I'm a little shaken up, sore but I will be fine. I want to give a special thanks to everyone at Cedar Sinai. The Doctors, Nurses and Staff were so amazing."
Kym and Hines are scheduled to perform the salsa, the Argentine tango and a cha-cha on Monday's broadcast, so you can only imagine the pair were practicing HARD on Friday.
If you watched any of the entertainment news shows on Friday, you saw the dramatic images of Kim leaving the rehearsals on a gurney with her neck in a brace and being loaded into the ambulance.
An ex-competitor explains that, "We were worried that she might not walk again let alone dance. And how did these camera crews get to the set so fast to capture it all?"
No one is suggesting it was staged, but after Marie Osmond fainted and Ralph Macchio hobbled through his waltz after a ruptured cyst and Karina Smirnoff ook all her cloths off for Playboy, one wonders what Kirstie Alley has to do to get some attention!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Zolciak Flaunts Teeny Tiny Waist, Denies Using a Waist Trainer Like Kim Kardashian -- See Her Slim Bod!
- Jennifer Aniston Does Her Best Kim Kardashian In a Tight Red Top, Huge Inflatable Cleavage: See the Hilarious Outfit
- Chris Harrison Jokingly Slaps Chris Soules in New Bachelor Promo: Plus, a Pregnancy Test
- Separate Bedrooms, Separate Lives? Scott Disick Admits He & Kourtney Kardashian ?Haven't Slept Together In 5 Years'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- This Guardians of the Galaxy and Friends Mashup Could Be the Best Thing Ever—Watch!
- Wait, They're Friends?! Prince Harry and Tyrese Snap a Selfie While Partying Together in Abu Dhabi
- Mila Kunis Looks Fit and Fabulous Less Than Two Months After Giving Birth to Baby Wyatt—Take a Look!