NBC: 'Apprentice' Will Carry On With or Without Donald Trump
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 16th 2011 09:48AM
According to Entertainment Weekly, Greenblatt said that, although the network hopes to have Trump back for the next season, "If he decides to run and is unavailable to do the show, we will bring the show back and someone else will be sitting at the head of the board table."
However, Greenblatt wouldn't be drawn on who Trump's replacement could be. (Gary Busey, anyone?) "Who that is, we're not going to really entertain, because I'm still hoping we'll have Donald back in the seat."
Season 5 of 'The Celebrity Apprentice' is slated to launch in the midseason of NBC's 2011 fall lineup. It's due to air right before new drama, 'The Firm' (based on the John Grisham thriller), and NBC execs are confident it will deliver a strong lead-in audience for the newbie.
There's been much speculation in recent months as to whether Trump will actually run for President, and Greenblatt said he's not interested in stopping him if that is indeed what he wants to do. "I've said I don't want him to be unavailable. ... It's the right and privilege of anyone to run for the highest office of the land. Nothing would make me happier than for someone to reach that."
Read more at TV Squad.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Comedy Central's Justin Bieber Roast: Funniest Jokes About the "King Joffrey" of Pop, Martha Stewart, and More!
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Recap: Who Brought the Heat in Latin Week and Who Went Home?
- This Male Model Who Is Also a PhD-Earning Math Teacher Makes Us Want to Go Back to School
- 'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington: Being called a hunk is ?demeaning'
- Shawn Mendes: Taylor Swift 'the best person in the world'
- ?Killing Jesus' breaks rating record with 3.7 million viewers for NatGeo