No Longer Dancing, Supermodel Petra Nemcova Opens School in Haiti
By Jo Piazza Posted May 17th 2011 07:21PM
Last week, Nemcova's Happy Hearts Fund (HHF) completed the construction of the kindergarten section of "Ecole Nouvelle Zoranje" with Fondation ProDev, its partner in Haiti.
"This school demonstrates that Haiti has the capacity supported by strategic partnerships to develop and to bring opportunities, innovation and quality education to its children. It is so exciting to see these bright children to be empowered," Nemcova told PopEater.
The model, founder and chairwoman of Happy Hearts has spent the last several days in Haiti meeting with school administrators and the country's newly elected leader, President Michel Martelly. The Happy Hearts school opening was the first official public function the president and first lady attended following the inauguration on May 14th.
"Happy Hearts Fund provides a sustained response to natural disasters and will replicate its school rebuilding initiative bringing it to scale for the children of Haiti," said Happy Hearts Fund Executive Director Phillip Caputo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- George Clooney Woos Elizabeth McGovern on Downton Abbey's Set for Charity Special
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged: Is This Her Engagement Ring? See the Pictures!
- Hope Dworaczyk Gives Birth, Playboy Model Welcomes Baby Boy Hendrix
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her