No Longer Dancing, Supermodel Petra Nemcova Opens School in Haiti
By Jo Piazza Posted May 17th 2011 07:21PM
Last week, Nemcova's Happy Hearts Fund (HHF) completed the construction of the kindergarten section of "Ecole Nouvelle Zoranje" with Fondation ProDev, its partner in Haiti.
"This school demonstrates that Haiti has the capacity supported by strategic partnerships to develop and to bring opportunities, innovation and quality education to its children. It is so exciting to see these bright children to be empowered," Nemcova told PopEater.
The model, founder and chairwoman of Happy Hearts has spent the last several days in Haiti meeting with school administrators and the country's newly elected leader, President Michel Martelly. The Happy Hearts school opening was the first official public function the president and first lady attended following the inauguration on May 14th.
"Happy Hearts Fund provides a sustained response to natural disasters and will replicate its school rebuilding initiative bringing it to scale for the children of Haiti," said Happy Hearts Fund Executive Director Phillip Caputo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus Reacts to Nicki Minaj's "Bitch" Threat During VMAs 2015 Live Broadcast: GIF
- Jill, Jessa Duggar Want to Raise Awareness About Sexual Abuse Amid Brother Josh's Scandal
- Hayden Christensen: Rachel Bilson "Was Very Keen" On Naming Daughter Briar Rose, Plays Disney Songs All the Time
- Quentin Tarantino slams Cate Blanchett films, Hollywood bigwigs
- Nicki Minaj, Kanye West go after Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake, respectively at MTV VMAs
- List of winners of 2015 MTV Video Music Award
- Justin Timberlake Responds to Kanye West's Jab During Video Vanguard Award Speech—Find Out What He Thought!
- Pretenders Singer Chrissie Hynde Slammed for Suggesting Women Are to Blame for Rape: "You Are Enticing Someone"
- Empire's Serayah Demonstrates How to Rock Fall's Major '70s Trend in ASOS Magazine—Take a Look!