No Longer Dancing, Supermodel Petra Nemcova Opens School in Haiti
By Jo Piazza Posted May 17th 2011 07:21PM
Last week, Nemcova's Happy Hearts Fund (HHF) completed the construction of the kindergarten section of "Ecole Nouvelle Zoranje" with Fondation ProDev, its partner in Haiti.
"This school demonstrates that Haiti has the capacity supported by strategic partnerships to develop and to bring opportunities, innovation and quality education to its children. It is so exciting to see these bright children to be empowered," Nemcova told PopEater.
The model, founder and chairwoman of Happy Hearts has spent the last several days in Haiti meeting with school administrators and the country's newly elected leader, President Michel Martelly. The Happy Hearts school opening was the first official public function the president and first lady attended following the inauguration on May 14th.
"Happy Hearts Fund provides a sustained response to natural disasters and will replicate its school rebuilding initiative bringing it to scale for the children of Haiti," said Happy Hearts Fund Executive Director Phillip Caputo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!