No Longer Dancing, Supermodel Petra Nemcova Opens School in Haiti
By Jo Piazza Posted May 17th 2011 07:21PM
Last week, Nemcova's Happy Hearts Fund (HHF) completed the construction of the kindergarten section of "Ecole Nouvelle Zoranje" with Fondation ProDev, its partner in Haiti.
"This school demonstrates that Haiti has the capacity supported by strategic partnerships to develop and to bring opportunities, innovation and quality education to its children. It is so exciting to see these bright children to be empowered," Nemcova told PopEater.
The model, founder and chairwoman of Happy Hearts has spent the last several days in Haiti meeting with school administrators and the country's newly elected leader, President Michel Martelly. The Happy Hearts school opening was the first official public function the president and first lady attended following the inauguration on May 14th.
"Happy Hearts Fund provides a sustained response to natural disasters and will replicate its school rebuilding initiative bringing it to scale for the children of Haiti," said Happy Hearts Fund Executive Director Phillip Caputo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ben Affleck's Penis in Gone Girl: Us Weekly's Film Critic Missed It? Twice!
- Jennifer Garner Does Hilariously Bad Impression of Whiny Ben Affleck, Says She Met George Clooney With Lice
- Selena Gomez Is Caught With Her Fly Down at LAX: See the Wardrobe Malfunction!
- Charlie Sheen: I Was Not High & I Did Not Pull A Knife On My Dentist!
- Giuliana And Bill Rancic Team Up With Nescaf
- Peter Criss: Breast cancer 'scared the pants off me'
- ?Conan' shows ratings momentum, beats other late night shows in key demo
- Review: Ben Affleck gives performance of career in twisted 'Gone Girl'
- Adam Sandler to Make Four New Movies for Netflix, Will Produce and Star in the Feature Films
- The Royals Secrets Revealed: A Forbidden Love Triangle, a Fight for the Crown and Much More—See the Exciting Photos!
- Selena Gomez Talks About Her Transitional Year: I Don't Handle Fame as Well as People Think