Teresa Giudice Had 'No Idea' Her Sister-in-Law Was Joining 'Housewives' Cast
By Rob Shuter Posted May 17th 2011 12:25PM
Anyone expecting less drama on the new Danielle Staub-less season of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' needs to think again. The Garden State goddesses are back and this year is going to be uglier than ever, due partly because of casting choices aimed at rattling the stars' cages.
"I was told by Bravo that my sister-in-law and cousin would be joining the cast," Teresa Giudice tells me. "I had no idea until Bravo told me."
Bravo went right ahead and recruited Melissa Gorga, her sister-in-law (she's married to Teresa's only sibling, brother Joe) and Kathy Wakile is Teresa's first cousin. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for ratings), Teresa doesn't get along with either.
"Teresa and her brother were so close before he got married. They spoke everyday and now that's over," a friend of the family tells me. "In fact things are so bad that Teresa refuses to do interviews with Melissa or even be in the same room as her, even to promote the new season."
Joe and Melissa have been married seven years and have three kids. According to her Bravo bio, they live in an "ornate mansion" that she decorated herself.
"It breaks my heart," Teresa said of her family rift as she tours the country promoting her second cookbook, 'Fabulicious! Teresa's Italian Family Cookbook.' In fact things are so bad that insiders warn that things get worse in upcoming episodes and that Terese could even be considering leaving the show for good.
All this and reality cameras! Sounds like a recipe for
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Joins The Voice as a Season Seven Advisor
- Lea Michele Celebrates 28th Birthday With Girlfriends, Gourmet Dinner: PHOTOS
- Ashlee Simpson, Evan Ross to Wed in Connecticut on Sunday, Aug. 31: All the Details!
- Joan Rivers' ?Distraught' Daughter Melissa Could Reportedly Face ?Life-Or-Death Decision' In Comedienne's Scary Health Crisis
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- EJ Johnson Gives Hilarious Breakup Advice to Dorothy Wang & Gets Involved in Her Drama With Roxy—See the #RichKids Clip!
- Happy Birthday, Cameron Diaz! Check Out the Star's Best Roles
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Her Dream to Have Three Children With Kanye West—See the Touching KUWTK Clip!