Jeff Conaway in Coma After Apparent Drug Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted May 18th 2011 10:20PM
Brock would not disclose what hospital Conaway is admitted to, only that it is located in Encino, Calif. The actor's recovery is uncertain.
"He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," Brock told E! Online. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since."
Conaway rocketed to fame in 1978 with a starring role in 'Grease' and in the same year began his 3-year run on the hit TV series, 'Taxi.' Roles dried up in the 1980s as his substance abuse problem worsened, but he later found steady work on the sci-fi hit, 'Babylon 5.'
In 2008 a wiry and broken Conaway joined the cast of VH1's 'Celebrity Rehab' in an attempt to address his long-time addiction to drugs and alcohol. It did not work and last year he injured himself in a bad fall while under the influence of methadone and OxyContin.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Natalie Portman Calls Her Oscar Statue a "False Idol," Does Not Know Where It Is
- Melissa Rivers Says Jay Leno Snubbed Her Shortly After Joan Rivers' Death
- Errol Brown, Hot Chocolate's "You Sexy Thing" Singer, Dead at 71 Following Liver Cancer Battle
- Big Bird was almost on Challenger space shuttle, documentary reveals
- Leaked Sony emails reveal CEOs think female superheros are not profitable
- Fit model Sarah Stage shows off bikini body 3 weeks after popping out baby
- "It's a Plug for Your Butt": Watch the Brutally Honest Trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey
- All Your Burning Arrow Questions, Answered: Oliver Definitely Gets Married and Roy's Returning!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shows Daughter Apple's "Red Carpet" Look on the Day of the 2015 Met Ball—See the Pic!