Jeff Conaway in Coma After Apparent Drug Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted May 18th 2011 10:20PM
Brock would not disclose what hospital Conaway is admitted to, only that it is located in Encino, Calif. The actor's recovery is uncertain.
"He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," Brock told E! Online. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since."
Conaway rocketed to fame in 1978 with a starring role in 'Grease' and in the same year began his 3-year run on the hit TV series, 'Taxi.' Roles dried up in the 1980s as his substance abuse problem worsened, but he later found steady work on the sci-fi hit, 'Babylon 5.'
In 2008 a wiry and broken Conaway joined the cast of VH1's 'Celebrity Rehab' in an attempt to address his long-time addiction to drugs and alcohol. It did not work and last year he injured himself in a bad fall while under the influence of methadone and OxyContin.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Go Vegetarian Like Carrie Underwood With These Yummy Plant-Based Recipes
- Scott Eastwood's Davidoff Cool Water Photo Shoot Will Make Your Day Better Than Ever — See the Insanely Hot Pics
- Marisa Tomei Joins Empire Season 2 as a Billionaire Hip-Hop Fan
- Matt Damon shows off ponytail
- Robin Thicke 'embarrassed' by attempts to get Paula Patton back
- Los Angeles district attorney declines to file charges against Diddy
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Head to the Bahamas With Their Kids in Wake of Divorce News
- Sean "Diddy" Combs Won't Face Felony Charges for Alleged Kettlebell Attack—but Case Isn't Closed Yet
- Homeless Man Finds $2,400 and Returns the Money, Then Wants to Donate His Reward: Get the Whole, Inspiring Story