Jeff Conaway in Coma After Apparent Drug Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted May 18th 2011 10:20PM
Brock would not disclose what hospital Conaway is admitted to, only that it is located in Encino, Calif. The actor's recovery is uncertain.
"He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," Brock told E! Online. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since."
Conaway rocketed to fame in 1978 with a starring role in 'Grease' and in the same year began his 3-year run on the hit TV series, 'Taxi.' Roles dried up in the 1980s as his substance abuse problem worsened, but he later found steady work on the sci-fi hit, 'Babylon 5.'
In 2008 a wiry and broken Conaway joined the cast of VH1's 'Celebrity Rehab' in an attempt to address his long-time addiction to drugs and alcohol. It did not work and last year he injured himself in a bad fall while under the influence of methadone and OxyContin.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Toned Booty, Cute Puppy in Bikini Pic
- Hugh Jackman Announces His Final Wolverine Role in the Coolest Way: Pic
- Mariah Carey Vacations in Cleavage-Tastic Bikini With Pal Brett Ratner: Pics
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Michelle Obama Offers Inspirational Words at 2015 Black Girls Rock!—Find Out What She Said!
- Khloé Kardashian & French Montana Get Cozy at Nightclub—See the Butt-Tastic Photo and Check Out Details!
- Carrie Underwood Shares New Photo of Baby Son Isaiah—See His Adorable Face for the First Time!