Patricia Heaton Has Lost Potential Roles Because of Her Politics
By Rob Shuter Posted May 18th 2011 11:25PM
"My feeling is all these things come from God and as long as I know I'm staying in line with Him, I don't have to worry if there is backlash," she told me during a visit to AOL's New York offices. "God will open any doors he wants to open and if he closes doors that's fine to."
Telling me that she has many gay friends and doesn't oppose gay marriage, Patricia gets frustrated being automatically lumped together with other conservatives, a characterization she says has cost her possible work.
"We know for a fact there are some people who have said they wouldn't want to work with us because of our politics," she said, with her husband David Hunt adding, "We get lumped in with lunatics."
So instead, Patricia has teamed up with her director-husband to produce and distribute their own show, 'Versailles,' a new 8-part comedy web series airing on My Damn Channel. Patricia plays a deceased B-movie actress whose presence looms large over her two children (one played by David) as they produce a public access talk show. Watch the first episode below.
"I don't think I could have afforded her if we weren't married," David jokes. "I was a bigger star then she was when I met her. She owes me. I took a decade off my career to raise the kids. Plus, a big bonus is she gets to sleep with the director."
It wasn't until she hit 35 that Patricia's career really took and she spent years struggling and sleeping on friends' futons before 'Raymond' made her rich and famous.
She also isn't at all surprised that the Britneys and Lindsays of the world crash and burn being so success so young.
"Too much money and too many 'yes' people around you at early age. Fame didn't come to me until I got married and had kids. When we got married neither of us had anything," Patricia tells me. "I've let go of needing to be an to an actor so if that pipeline shuts down I wouldn't be upset. I'm perfectly happy."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Proposal: Josh Murray Asks Andi Dorfman to Marry Him
- Jenny McCarthy Regrets Implying That Hillary Clinton "Has Girlfriends" on The View
- Hilary Duff Rocks Bikini, Gets Rubdown in "Chasing the Sun" Music Video: Watch!
- ?Real Housewives Of Orange County' Fakery! Tamra Barney Calls Out Bravo Producers For Manipulating Scenes
- ‘I Finally Got The Engagement Ring,' Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Crows, As Couple Sets Tentative Spring Wedding Date
- Lady Gaga Performs With Tony Bennett Then Goes Out On the Lower East Side
- Hollywood human trafficking summit slams Roman Polanski, says stars can do more
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer sets record
- Will Blake Lively Be the Next Martha Stewart? "Let Her Try," Says Martha Stewart
- OkCupid Admits It Experiments on Users, Founder Says Dating Site "Doesn't Really Know What It's Doing"
- It's Serious! Heidi Klum Shares Cute Instagram Pic With Beau Vito Schnabel on Romantic Vacation