Patricia Heaton Has Lost Potential Roles Because of Her Politics
By Rob Shuter Posted May 18th 2011 11:25PM
"My feeling is all these things come from God and as long as I know I'm staying in line with Him, I don't have to worry if there is backlash," she told me during a visit to AOL's New York offices. "God will open any doors he wants to open and if he closes doors that's fine to."
Telling me that she has many gay friends and doesn't oppose gay marriage, Patricia gets frustrated being automatically lumped together with other conservatives, a characterization she says has cost her possible work.
"We know for a fact there are some people who have said they wouldn't want to work with us because of our politics," she said, with her husband David Hunt adding, "We get lumped in with lunatics."
So instead, Patricia has teamed up with her director-husband to produce and distribute their own show, 'Versailles,' a new 8-part comedy web series airing on My Damn Channel. Patricia plays a deceased B-movie actress whose presence looms large over her two children (one played by David) as they produce a public access talk show. Watch the first episode below.
"I don't think I could have afforded her if we weren't married," David jokes. "I was a bigger star then she was when I met her. She owes me. I took a decade off my career to raise the kids. Plus, a big bonus is she gets to sleep with the director."
It wasn't until she hit 35 that Patricia's career really took and she spent years struggling and sleeping on friends' futons before 'Raymond' made her rich and famous.
She also isn't at all surprised that the Britneys and Lindsays of the world crash and burn being so success so young.
"Too much money and too many 'yes' people around you at early age. Fame didn't come to me until I got married and had kids. When we got married neither of us had anything," Patricia tells me. "I've let go of needing to be an to an actor so if that pipeline shuts down I wouldn't be upset. I'm perfectly happy."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendra Wilkinson Confronts Hank Baskett About Cheating Rumors in New Kendra on Top Preview
- Reese Witherspoon Shares Cruel Intentions Throwback Thursday With Ex-Husband Ryan Phillippe, Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard Talk Pregnancy Cravings, Symptoms, and More in New Ad!
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Rob Lowe: I struggled with monogamy
- 'Good Wife' co-creator says show is done killing off characters
- Neeson season: Liam's films ranked from worst to best
- ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special—Plus, Watch George Clooney Goof Off Behind the Scenes!
- Utopia Sneak Peek: Will Stress Prevent Josh From a Steamy Encounter?
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Joked About Nude Photo Leak Because "You've Gotta Make Fun of Yourself"—Watch Now