Zsa Zsa Gabor Hospitalized as Family Feud Intensifies
By PopEater Staff Posted May 18th 2011 05:56PM
Zsa Zsa Gabor is back in the hospital and in a coma following emergency stomach surgery, the famed socialite's husband told TMZ on Wednesday. The 94-year-old actress's health has been deteriorating for years now and it continues to fuel the feud between her only child, Constance Francesca Hilton, and her ninth husband, Frederic von Anhalt, according to a new report by the Daily Beast.
Hilton, the daughter of Gabor and her seventh husband, hotel magnate Conrad Hilton, has reportedly been trying to visit her ailing mother for two months now but has been denied permission.
A representative for the Hungarian-American actress and von Anhalt (a German Prince via adoption) claims that charge isn't true. "She can go on Sundays when the doctor is there so there is no funny business," said spokesman John Blanchette.
The once-glamorous Gabor's many ailments have been detailed in the media and have included photos of her in a hospice bed. One particularly disturbing report involved von Anhalt's intention to have Gabor's body preserved and displayed after her death.
Hilton blames her stepfather for the media coverage. However, she may have little ground to stand on in advocating for visitation rights or anything that pertains to her mother's well-being because Gabor made von Anhalt the executor of her will and her legal guardian in back in 2005.
That same year, von Anhalt filed a lawsuit alleging Hilton fraudulently took a loan out on her mother's home. The case was thrown out when Gabor didn't appear in court as a co-plaintiff, but von Anhalt gave it another shot just last August.
Even more bizarre in the string of events tied to the family was the news in April that von Anhalt and Gabor intended to try and have a baby through an egg donor and a surrogate.
This isn't the first time Gabor has been thought to be in her final days: she had pneumonia earlier this month, she had her leg amputated in January, and she broke her hip in July.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- First look at Eddie Redmayne's new role in 'The Danish Girl' trailer
- Benji Madden gushes about Cameron Diaz: ‘I'm the luckiest guy alive'
- Kelly Osbourne congratulates Melissa Rivers on 'Fashion Police'
- Syfy Renews 'Killjoys,' 'Dark Matter' for Second Seasons
- 'Million Dollar Listing L.A.' Season 8 Premiere: Josh Altman Doesn't Like the Price (Exclusive Video)
- Exclusive: Watch the Dianna Agron-Directed Fashion Film for Tory Burch, Here
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard Plot Murder in New 'Macbeth' Trailer
- The 'Coach' Reboot Is Dead at NBC
- Eddie Redmayne Is a Transgender Icon in 'The Danish Girl' Trailer