Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert Fill Wedding With Music
By The Boot Editors Posted May 20th 2011 03:00AM
The country music power couple let loose and enjoyed all types of music as they celebrated their marriage last Saturday (May 14). Of course, they invited the approximately 550 attendees to do likewise.
Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Kelly Clarkson, Josh Kelley and his wife, actress Katherine Heigl, and Dierks Bentley were just some of the guests who took full advantage of the invitation, singing and playing a host of tunes at the festivities held at the Don Strange Ranch outside San Antonio.
Musical highlights -- interwoven with sentimental gestures and words -- were in abundance from the bridal procession onward. According to US Weekly magazine which exclusively covered the event, Lambert didn't want to walk down the aisle to a traditional wedding march.
Instead, bridesmaid (and fellow country singer) Ashley Monroe sang 'Makin' Plans,' a 2009 tune Lambert wrote for Shelton. When Monroe sang the lyrics "I know you like the back of my hand, you've got a heart of gold and a piece of land," Lambert was visibly teary.
"I was thinking about not crying," Lambert says. "Then when I got close I didn't think of anyone else. It was just me and Blake."
When the new Mr. and Mrs. Shelton walked back up the aisle after the wedding ceremony, the classic Roy Rogers' song, 'Happy Trails,' was played.
During the reception, Reba and Kelly sang a duet of 'Why Haven't I Heard From You.' The classic Patsy Cline hit, 'Crazy,' written by Willie Nelson, inspired the bride and Brandi Carlile to duet.
Shelton also performed, singing a tune he wrote for the occasion called 'Let's Grow Old Together.' Country singer Neal McCoy entertained and at one point had about 400 people on the dance floor. His enthusiasm sparked several impromptu jam sessions.
One began when Martina sang 'Stand by Your Man' and was joined by Reba, along with Josh and his brother, Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley. Kellie Pickler was the queen of karaoke, singing up a storm (although the songs she sang are as yet unreported).
While it's obvious all of the music was special to the happy couple -- and their friends and family in attendance -- Shelton and Lambert shared that dancing to 'No Doubt About It' by Neal was a musical highlight for them.
Get more at The Boot >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber gets May 5 trial date for DUI and other Florida charges
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- Source: Celebrity skin guru murder-for-hire arrest 'fishy'
- Brandi Glanville on Lisa Vanderpump Real Housewives Feud: "I Fed That Bitch"
- Bachelor Juan Pablo: What Obscene Comment He Told Clare Crawley on Helicopter During Finale
- Katie Holmes to Return to TV in "High Society Drama"
- Brandi Glanville's New Foul Mouthed Rant: I’ve Done More For ‘That [Bleep]‘ Lisa Vanderpump Than She’s Done For Me
- Buoyed By Oscar-Nominated Film, Real Philomena Lee To ‘Battle With Ireland’s Supreme Court’ For Reform
- TMI: The Duggars Reveal Michelle’s Baby Breakdown ? She Had 13 Regular Births In A Row And 4 C-Sections!