Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Greene Wear Black Bikinis, Learn to Surf
- Gaby Hoffmann: Mel Gibson "Screamed at Me," Made Me Cry as a Kid
- Nick Cannon Says He Reached Out to Amanda Bynes: "I Tried"
- Ex-Miss America — An Anorexia Survivor — Blasts This Year’s Pageant: The Contestants ‘Were Much Too Thin’
- Break Time: Courtney Stodden follows Farrah Abraham, films breast englarment
- Which celebrity is the worst role model for kids?
- Celebrity scale: Better skinny or curvy?