Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kesha Swore Under Oath Prior to Her Lawsuit With Dr. Luke That He Never Harmed Her
- Carmen Electra Says Dennis Rodman Marriage Was "the Worst"
- Sarah Jessica Parker Remembers Oscar de la Renta: "It Was an Enormous Privilege" To Be Dressed By Him
- Liar Liar? Kesha Swore Under Oath That Dr. Luke Did Not Assault Her Despite Lawsuit Now Claiming He Did
- Shocking Audio! ?Drunk' Bristol Palin Sobs To Cops While Mom Sarah Slams ?The Bad Guys' In Police Recording Of Wasilla Brawl ? Listen To The Tape!
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Kesha Once Swore Dr. Luke Never Drugged Her & There Was No Sex; Lawyer Says That Was a Battered Woman Protecting Her Abuser Out of Fear
- Why We Have Chris Martin to Thank for Taylor Swift Joining The Voice!
- Sarah Hyland Says She's ''Great'' Following Restraining Order Drama With Ex-Boyfriend Matt Prokop