Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Skyscraper Shaped Like Beyonce's Body Being Built in Australia
- Khloe Kardashian Seemingly Blasts Scott Disick, Supports Sister Kourtney Kardashian While Quoting Big Sean's Breakup Anthem
- Rosie Perez Officially Exiting The View to Focus on Acting Career
- BET, Bounce TV pull 'Cosby Show' reruns from air
- Paula Deen blasted for brownface Twitter picture
- LAPD investigating Bill Cosby's alleged sexual abuse of young model
- Brody Jenner Wouldn't Mind Playing Matchmaker for Caitlyn Jenner: ''It Wouldn't Be That Hard to Find a Chick for Caitlyn''
- Wrestling with Celebrity: 16 Pro Wrestlers Who Made It Big Outside the Ring
- Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to 11-Year-Old Fan with Cancer, Proves She's An Actual Angel on Earth—See Her Sweet Message!