Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sonja Morgan Gets "Ramotional" Discussing Ramona Singer Friendship
- Lauren Conrad on Purple Hair Like Nicole Richie: "I'm Not a Big Fan"
- Beyonce Takes Blue Ivy to the Dublin Zoo in Ireland: Cute Pictures
- History plans miniseries about Texas starring Bill Paxton
- The troubled and talented Lindsay Lohan
- Lindsay Lohan's list of ex-lovers revealed, report claims
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West $1 Million Prenuptial Agreement—Is It Real?! Plus, New Wedding Details!
- Girl Meets World Casting Scoop: Find Out Which Boy Meets World Star Is Returning! Plus, a First Look at the Reunion
- Bitch Stole My Look! Naomi Campbell Steps Out as Beyoncé's Foxxy Cleopatra