Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 2 Chainz Might Run for Mayor of College Park, Georgia: Rapper Gets Political
- Budweiser's "Lost Dog" Super Bowl XLIX Ad Released in Full: Watch the Emotional Commercial
- Kendall Jenner Wins the Paris Street Style Scene: Check Out Her Drool-Worthy Jackets
- Florence Henderson: I have a friend with benefits
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' prequel coming to Netflix
- Kim Kardashian Has "Really Been Trying" for Baby No. 2, North West Flushes Kanye West's Phone Down the Toilet!
- RuPaul's Drag Race Welcomes 2 New Judges...and Ariana Grande! Watch the Season 7 Trailer Now
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Teaser Confirms What You've Been Hoping for