Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kit Harington: It's "Demeaning" to Call Me a Hunk
- Kendall Jenner, Mom Kris Have the Best Time Ever on Star-Studded Boat Cruise: See the Behind-the-Scenes Pictures
- Katie Holmes Praises Fellow Supermom Angelina Jolie for Kids' Choice Speech: "She's an Inspiration"
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'racist,' 'sexist'
- Man arrested for throwing banana peel at comedian Dave Chappelle
- Wilco cancels Indiana concert because of new Religious Freedom Act
- Olivia Wilde Talks Post-Baby Body in Shape: "After You Pop That Sucker Out You Are the Walking Wounded"
- Prince Liam's Bloody Car Crash Didn't Exactly Go as Planned—Watch The Royals Behind-the-Scenes Clip!
- Tara Reid Flaunts Bikini Bod in Miami, Shocks Fans With Alarmingly Thin Frame