Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Hasn't Talked to Russell Brand Since He Texted Her to File for Divorce Over Two Years Ago
- Sasheer Zamata Dishes on Meeting Rihanna After Playing Her on Saturday Night Live
- Blake Lively Teases Ryan Reynolds, Calls Him a "Hypocrite": Cute Pics
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen Put Deflategate Scandal Behind Them With a Brand New Puppy—Take a Look!
- Kim Kardashian Gives Kanye West Tongue Kiss in Wedding Photo Posted on 1st Anniversary—See More Pics!
- Kim Zolciak Throws the Ultimate Carnival to Celebrate Daughter Brielle's High School Graduation: "I'm So Proud"