Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dina Manzo Has Never Met Autistic Nephew, Still Estranged from Sister Caroline: Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Preview
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Comes Out Publicly in Powerful Essay: "I'm Proud to Be Gay"
- Ashton Kutcher Talks Being a "Hero" to Baby Wyatt, Parenting With Mila Kunis
- Kris Jenner Brings Up Rob's ?Chubby Stage,' Insisting She Tried To Teach Her Kids ?How Beautiful They Are On The Inside'
- Dean McDermott ?Done With Social Media' After Nasty Spat Over Sex Shop Trip With Tori In The Hospital
- UC Berkeley overrides student group, re-invites Bill Maher to speak
- Stars' sneaky skin-showing tricks
- Jennifer Lopez: I felt 'abused' in past relationships