Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Stewart Taking Time Out From Movies, Wants to Make Art in Downtown L.A.
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- Jason Aldean's new album features 'honest' tunes
- James Franco and Megan Fox offer no explanation for bloody photo
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!