Bono and The Edge Discuss Saving 'Spider-Man' on 'GMA'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 20th 2011 01:28PM
Julie Taymor, who directed the Broadway adaptation of 'The Lion King,' left the project and it has been rewritten and re-launched in previews. "Julie would not accept this, but she got very close to it," said Bono. "So close perhaps that she couldn't see it. And we were going at it and coming back, and we could see very clearly what we thought were the problems."
Bono said the characters and plot are better drawn in the new version, and they've fixed a lot of "obvious stuff." The most obvious hopefully would be the rigs that lift the actors and other safety hazards that have plagued the show and made it an easy punch line.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Music Awards 2014: The 5 Biggest and Best Moments From the Show
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Bring Down the House at 2014 American Music Awards With "Booty"
- Fergie Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 2014 AMAs "L.A.Love" Performance, Robe Hangs Off Her Butt: Watch Now!
- The Best, Worst & Wackiest Dressed Stars At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Scott Parties While Pregnant Kourtney Posts About ‘Choices’ On Instagram
- Miley Looks Like A Muppet At Her Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making