Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teresa Giudice Will Have to Clean Her Cell, Complete a Work Assignment in Prison: Check Out These Prison Rules
- Kim Kardashian Shares Secret For Putting North to Sleep, Says Kanye West "Comes Up With Every Idea"
- Heidi Montag Graces First Red Carpet After Breast Reduction Surgery
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Cannon Focusing on Family Through Mariah Carey Split, Says He Doesn't ''Pay Attention'' to Amber Rose Rumors
- WWE Total Divas' Eva Marie Steps Out in Her Wedding Dress—See the Risqué Design!
- New Dad Ryan Gosling Returns to Work (and Grows a Mustache!) After Birth of Baby Girl Esmeralda—See the Pic!