Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nude Celebrities Photo Scandal: Emma Watson, Lena Dunham, and More Stars Slam Hackers
- CeeLo Green Voices Controversial Rape Opinion, Deletes Tweets
- Kristin Chenoweth Dyes Hair Brunette, Adds Extensions: See the Dramatic Makeover
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West's Daughter North Steals The Show AT LAX, Clutching Purse Valued At $1,450
- 4 Latest Developments In Hollywood Hacking Scandal: Admitted Source On The Run As FBI Investigates J.Law Leak & Others; Georgia Man Singled Out Publicly Denies Involvement
- First photos from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding
- CeeLo Green shocks with controversial rape tweet following drug charge
- Jimi Jamison: Lead singer of Survivor dead at 63