Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- January Jones on Baby Daddy's Identity: "That's My Son's Business"
- Aaron Paul, Fiancee Lauren Parsekian Party at Joint Bachelor, Bachelorette Bash: Pictures
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Fought About Her Affair, Jay-Z Says Beyonce Is Not Pregnant: Top 5 Stories
- Barbara Walters’ Daughter Jacqueline Danforth Arrested
- Nikki Sixx Irate With Kim Kardashian’s Bronzer Plugs During Tornado, Asks, ‘Aren’t Your 15 Minutes Up?’
- Real Housewives of Orange County: Vicki Gunvalson & Tamra Barney Make Nice After ‘Bleep’ Blowout
- How ?Dune' almost prevented ?Star Wars' from ever being
- ?The rich get richer': Celebs get tons of expensive stuff for free at Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Kellie Pickler shines and Aly Raisman tries pole dancing
- Brad Pitt Talks "Conscious Choice" to Stop Using Drugs, Happy Family Life With Angelina Jolie
- Lindsay Lohan Sued for $5 Million by Clothing Company Over Leggings Line
- Dancing With the Stars Backstage Scoop: Injured Val Chmerkovskiy Reveals That Show Almost "Replaced" Him!