Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne
- Madonna's 8-Year-Old Son David Banda Is an Amazing Dancer -- Check Out His Moves!
- ?Duck Dynasty' Medical Crisis! The Truth About Phil Robertson’s Alleged Hospital Stay Revealed
- The Show Will Go On! ‘Fashion Police’ To Return On E! ?As Joan Rivers Would Have Wanted' In 2015
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Jimmy Fallon to pay back bet will host 'Tonight Show' in Chicago
- E! says 'Fashion Police' will continue without Joan Rivers
- John Travolta Breaks Out Into Song and Dance, Sings "You're the One That I Want" With Abigail Spencer
- Paula Patton Goes Glam (and Also Licks Her Makeup Artist)—See the Pic!
- Tim McGraw Shares the Secrets to His and Faith Hill's Long Marriage, 18 Years and Counting: Watch Now!