Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teresa Giudice Keeping Kids "Protected" After Guilty Plea, Thanks Fans for Support
- Cressida Bonas Supports Prince Harry for First Time at Official Event, Couple Getting Serious: Pictures
- Jared Leto Disses Jennifer Lawrence for Tripping at the Oscars Twice: "I Wonder If This Is a Bit of an Act"
- Teresa And Joe Giudice's Nemesis Kim Granatell Slams Guilty Couple: ?Hopefully They Still Get Time Because They Deserve It!'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- ?Bachelor' Juan Pablo slammed for more controversial comments
- Bob Costas didn't get pink eye from bad Botox, NBC insists
- Nicholas Hoult Gushes About Jennifer Lawrence, Reveals Why She's So "Special"
- Massachusetts Declares Upskirt Photos Legal, Changes Their Mind One Day Later and Makes Them Illegal
- Muppets Most Wanted Trailer—Heist Alert! Watch Ricky Gervais and Kermit the Frog Impersonator Plot Revenge