Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Demetria McKinney Makes Her Housewives Debut, Apollo Nida Cuddles Phaedra Parks and More
- Sony Plans to Release The Interview After Pulling It: "It Will Be Distributed"
- Tom Brokaw's Cancer Is in Remission: "I Face the New Year With Very Encouraging News"
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape If She Doesn't Apologize to Azealia Banks
- Diane von Furstenberg Selects Official DVF Global Brand Ambassador—Find Out Who She Hired!
- The Affair Boss Explains Stunning Finale and What's Ahead in Season 2 (More Narratives!)