Did 'Glee' Steal Cover from College Choir?
"Sources within a cappella circles with ties to [University of Oregon choir] Divisi have confirmed to me that the show did not have the full cooperation from the group and original arranger," reports Alex Rabinowitz at Pop Culture Brain. "'Glee' had reached out to the group and were working on a deal only for it to fall apart at the last minute, with 'Glee' going ahead and doing their version of the song anyway."
'Glee' has notably worked with the Tufts Beelzebubs before, without incident.
Pop Culture Brain dubs the similarities in the two a capella arrangements of 'Yeah!' "eerily similar." The site goes on to write:
PopEater is awaiting comment from FOX.
"Glee strolls a fine line between honoring music and bastardizing it. The a cappella community is a tight-knit, but not often heard subculture that has benefited greatly from its recent exposure on shows like 'Glee' and 'The Sing Off.' Hopefully network television and a cappella can continue to work together for the betterment of both."
What do you think? Listen to the songs here and tell us if you think foul play is afoot, or if covering something a capella is just bound to sound this similar.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Is an Unrecognizable Teenage Singer in 2001 Video: Watch
- JWoww's Daughter Meilani Has Playdate with Snooki's Son Lorenzo: See the Cute Pic!
- Jennifer Lopez: I've "Made Mistakes" With Men, My Kids Stay in the Bronx With Family So They "Get It"
- Joan Rivers on life support, family confirms
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Kate Upton, Kirsten Dunst and other stars comment about nude photo leak
- Woman Gets Metal Pole Impaled Through Her Butt During Texting and Driving Accident
- Khloé Kardashian and Scott Disick Join Cast of Royal Pains for Season Finale—See the Exclusive Pic!
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Says Daughter Melissa: "We Are Extremely Grateful for All the Love"