Maria Shriver Confronted Mildred Baena About Affair
By Elizabeth Yun Posted May 20th 2011 04:59PM
The former first lady of California had longstanding suspicions about the identity of Mildred Baena's son's father. According to a joint investigation by RadarOnline and Star, she finally asked the housekeeper, who had been working for the family for 20 years, if Schwarzenegger was her now-13-year-old son's father. Baena broke down and confessed. The website reports that Schwarzenegger only admitted it after Shriver confronted him.
"Maria has suspected this for a long time and she asked the housekeeper," a source told RadarOnline. With confirmation from Baena, "Maria then went to Arnold and he confessed."
There have been some conflicting reports that Baena threatened to tell all when the 14-year secret became too much, but a friend said that that was never the case. "She was upset with Arnold at the time and didn't know what to do, she thought about going public, but it was a fleeting thought. Ultimately she didn't want to hurt Arnold. But she also didn't want her employment to end."
In the end, Shriver was the one to unravel the truth, and Baena resigned in January "without animosity."
The former action film star and California governor admitted he had fathered an illegitimate child with a household staffer on Monday (May 16). Since then, sordid details about the affair, his mistress and their son have continued to emerge. Yesterday, Shriver hired top divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, although whether she will actually divorce her husband of 25 years is still unclear.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- 'House of Cards' Joanna Going Boards DirecTV's 'Navy St.'
- Jennifer Lawrence's BFF Had Meltdown Before Oscars; Says Brad Pitt 'Smells Amazing'
- Hank Rieger, Former President of the TV Academy, Dies at 95
- '300: Rise of an Empire': By the Numbers Review
- The 'Deliver Us From Evil' Trailer Serves Up One Terrifying Crime Spree (VIDEO)
- The 'Mean Girls' Reunion Is Real and Happening