Music Producer Mark Ronson 'Almost Died' After Eating Raw Meat
By Spinner Editors Posted May 20th 2011 02:10AM
But that's almost what happened when their group hooked up with the mixing desk maestro to make their latest album, the NME reports (via Contactmusic)
Ronson teamed up with the garage rockers last year to work on the band's sixth album, 'Arabia Mountain,' but was apparently struck down with potentially deadly food poisoning after some ill-advised thematic catering decisions.
"To get in the mood to record [album track] 'Raw Meat' we started eating all this liver sashimi," Lips singer Cole Alexander explained. "Then we all started getting sick from it. Mark had to go to hospital because his fever was so high. His brain was cooking, man."
"I thought maybe I was hungover or something," Ronson reported. "Then I started shivering uncontrollably. The next thing, the band are putting all these blankets over me. I wake up an hour later, just f***ing moaning and groaning.
"One of them touched my skin and they were like, 'Listen dude, we've got to get you to a hospital,'" the producer continued. "When I was there I was diagnosed with something with a lot of syllables in it. I almost died. But I don't think it was intentional on their part."
The Ronson-helmed 'Arabia Mountain' LP is out in June.
Get more at Spinner >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of ?Walking Dead'?
- The lyrics of ?It's the Hard-Knock Life,' according to this ridiculous ?Annie' emoji video
- David Letterman's Ex-Cue Card Man Says ?Dave Is the Best Boss in the World'
- Monica Lewinsky Wants to End Cyberbullying for Good
- Wild Fight! David Arquette and Fianc
- Jada Pinkett Smith Brought a Shirtless Man on a Leash to Her Gotham Audition
- Kim Kardashian Leaves Little to the Imagination in Skintight Red Skirt, Grey Bodysuit for a Trip to the Office, Because Why Not?
- Tori Spelling Hospitalized For Possible Pneumonia, Reportedly Undergoes Ebola-Like Quarantine