Brad Pitt Drama Wins Top Prize at Cannes Film Fest
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 02:50PM
'Tree of Life,' a 1950's drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and directed by Terrence Malick, won the prestigious top prize. Two producers accepted, reports CBS News.
Pitt appeared at the Cannes screening of 'Tree of Life' last week, but has flown with Angelina Jolie and their family to Hollywood this weekend for Jolie's 'Kung Fu Panda 2' premiere, so he was unable to attend the film fest's closing ceremony.
And although controversial director Lars von Trier was banned from Cannes events after Nazi and Hitler remarks he made at a festival press conference, the star of his latest film, Kirsten Dunst, won the trophy for Best Actress.
In addition to De Niro, other members of this year's Cannes jury included Uma Thurman and Jude Law. Check out Brad Pitt in the 'Tree of Life' trailer:
MORE ABOUT Brad Pitt
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brad Pitt Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- 'Independence Day' Sequel Gets 20th Century Fox Greenlight
- 'MasterChef' Judge Joe Bastianich to Exit
- 'The Flash,' 'Arrow' Headed to Canadian SVOD Project Latte
- Ubisoft apologizes for ?Assassin's Creed: Unity' issues
- ?Thomas Was Alone' is now on almost every device. You should play it.
- 'Game of Thrones' Unveils Mysterious Season 5 Teaser and Site
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the New Workplace Comedy
- Candace Cameron Bure Loves These Five Family-Friendly Holiday Films