Brad Pitt Drama Wins Top Prize at Cannes Film Fest
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 02:50PM
'Tree of Life,' a 1950's drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and directed by Terrence Malick, won the prestigious top prize. Two producers accepted, reports CBS News.
Pitt appeared at the Cannes screening of 'Tree of Life' last week, but has flown with Angelina Jolie and their family to Hollywood this weekend for Jolie's 'Kung Fu Panda 2' premiere, so he was unable to attend the film fest's closing ceremony.
And although controversial director Lars von Trier was banned from Cannes events after Nazi and Hitler remarks he made at a festival press conference, the star of his latest film, Kirsten Dunst, won the trophy for Best Actress.
In addition to De Niro, other members of this year's Cannes jury included Uma Thurman and Jude Law. Check out Brad Pitt in the 'Tree of Life' trailer:
MORE ABOUT Brad Pitt
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brad Pitt Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- 'Hitch' Remake in the Works at Fox
- PalmStar Media, Thunder Road Ink $200 Million Financing Partnership
- Fortune Feimster Teams With Tina Fey for Semi-Autobiographical Comedy at ABC
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand