Brad Pitt Drama Wins Top Prize at Cannes Film Fest
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 02:50PM
'Tree of Life,' a 1950's drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and directed by Terrence Malick, won the prestigious top prize. Two producers accepted, reports CBS News.
Pitt appeared at the Cannes screening of 'Tree of Life' last week, but has flown with Angelina Jolie and their family to Hollywood this weekend for Jolie's 'Kung Fu Panda 2' premiere, so he was unable to attend the film fest's closing ceremony.
And although controversial director Lars von Trier was banned from Cannes events after Nazi and Hitler remarks he made at a festival press conference, the star of his latest film, Kirsten Dunst, won the trophy for Best Actress.
In addition to De Niro, other members of this year's Cannes jury included Uma Thurman and Jude Law. Check out Brad Pitt in the 'Tree of Life' trailer:
MORE ABOUT Brad Pitt
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brad Pitt Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Heather Graham lands new role in 'Studio City'
- Blake Shelton enlists the help of Meghan Trainor on 'The Voice'
- Steve Coogan Supports $155 Million Bid for BBC's Youth Network
- Alibaba Buys $380 Million Stake in Chinese Production Firm Enlight
- British Author Jeffrey Archer Accuses Bollywood of Plagiarism
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 22: To Plea or Not To Plea
- 13 Sci-Fi Movies That Redefine the Genre
- 'The Breakfast Club' to Get Restoration & SXSW Screening for 30th Anniversary