Brad Pitt Drama Wins Top Prize at Cannes Film Fest
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 02:50PM
'Tree of Life,' a 1950's drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and directed by Terrence Malick, won the prestigious top prize. Two producers accepted, reports CBS News.
Pitt appeared at the Cannes screening of 'Tree of Life' last week, but has flown with Angelina Jolie and their family to Hollywood this weekend for Jolie's 'Kung Fu Panda 2' premiere, so he was unable to attend the film fest's closing ceremony.
And although controversial director Lars von Trier was banned from Cannes events after Nazi and Hitler remarks he made at a festival press conference, the star of his latest film, Kirsten Dunst, won the trophy for Best Actress.
In addition to De Niro, other members of this year's Cannes jury included Uma Thurman and Jude Law. Check out Brad Pitt in the 'Tree of Life' trailer:
MORE ABOUT Brad Pitt
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brad Pitt Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- 'Fargo' Premiere Recap: The Same -- Only Different
- Lena Dunham Honors Sarah Jones: 'Her Death Hits Close to Home'
- 'Game of Thrones' Preview: 10 Clues For Next Week's Episode (Video)
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- ?The Originals' recap: Three men and a baby
- ?Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
- Pierce Brosnan Isn't Happy With His James Bond Performance
- Stephen Colbert Set for April 22 'Late Show' Appearance
- Tracy Morgan Is 'Concerned' About Alec Baldwin