Brad Pitt Drama Wins Top Prize at Cannes Film Fest
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 02:50PM
'Tree of Life,' a 1950's drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and directed by Terrence Malick, won the prestigious top prize. Two producers accepted, reports CBS News.
Pitt appeared at the Cannes screening of 'Tree of Life' last week, but has flown with Angelina Jolie and their family to Hollywood this weekend for Jolie's 'Kung Fu Panda 2' premiere, so he was unable to attend the film fest's closing ceremony.
And although controversial director Lars von Trier was banned from Cannes events after Nazi and Hitler remarks he made at a festival press conference, the star of his latest film, Kirsten Dunst, won the trophy for Best Actress.
In addition to De Niro, other members of this year's Cannes jury included Uma Thurman and Jude Law. Check out Brad Pitt in the 'Tree of Life' trailer:
MORE ABOUT Brad Pitt
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brad Pitt Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding her son on Elle cover
- Does Discovery/TLC have a child molester problem?
- Maggie Gyllenhaal deemed 'too old' to play a 55-rear-old's lover?
- 'Prisoners' Actor Dylan Minnette Joins Fede Alvarez's Horror Film (Exclusive)
- Cannes: 'Arabian Nights' Maltese Poodle Wins Palm Dog Award
- Why Paramount Waited Two Years to Release 'Drunk Wedding'
- 10 Bizarre Series Finales
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Graduation Speech and Heidi Klum's Kangaroo Balls
- Greg Grunberg to Return for 'Heroes Reborn'