Dr. Drew Pinsky: Pray for 'Critical' Jeff Conaway
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 10:20AM
As the troubled 60-year-old actor fights to survive, Pinsky denied that Conaway's substance abuse was behind reports of a coma.
On Friday, the doctor tweeted: "Just visited Jeff Conaway. He is stable & looks like he will recover from his pneumonia....Not an OD, like press is alleging & certainly not dead." He also criticized Conaway's manager for asserting that Conaway was comatose, when in fact, according to a Pinsky tweet: "He's in an induced coma...a Propafol drip."
However, in his most recent updates, Pinsky takes a more dire tone about the 60-year-old's condition, telling Twitter followers on Saturday the actor was "not doing well today suddenly."
He also said, "My hopes & prayers r with him & his family! yes, we all need to pray for him."
He explained, "Jeff Conaway still considered critical with sepsis. Many people die from septic shock....yes, he is VERY tenuous."
In 2008, a disheveled and unhealthy Conaway joined Pinsky's VH1 show, 'Celebrity Rehab,' to address his addiction to drugs and alcohol. Sadly, his sobriety attempt failed and last year, the actor was injured in a fall while under the influence of OxyContin and methadone.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Exclusive: Joe Lo Truglio Marries Beth Dover in Chic, Rustic Santa Barbara Wedding
- Eric Hill Dead: Bachelorette Contestant Dies After Paragliding Accident; Rumer Willis Flashes Underwear: Top Stories
- Ryan Seacrest Celebrates Decade On Radio With New TV Special
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Joan Rivers under fire for joke about kidnapped Cleveland women
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations