Dr. Drew Pinsky: Pray for 'Critical' Jeff Conaway
By Christine Fenno Posted May 22nd 2011 10:20AM
As the troubled 60-year-old actor fights to survive, Pinsky denied that Conaway's substance abuse was behind reports of a coma.
On Friday, the doctor tweeted: "Just visited Jeff Conaway. He is stable & looks like he will recover from his pneumonia....Not an OD, like press is alleging & certainly not dead." He also criticized Conaway's manager for asserting that Conaway was comatose, when in fact, according to a Pinsky tweet: "He's in an induced coma...a Propafol drip."
However, in his most recent updates, Pinsky takes a more dire tone about the 60-year-old's condition, telling Twitter followers on Saturday the actor was "not doing well today suddenly."
He also said, "My hopes & prayers r with him & his family! yes, we all need to pray for him."
He explained, "Jeff Conaway still considered critical with sepsis. Many people die from septic shock....yes, he is VERY tenuous."
In 2008, a disheveled and unhealthy Conaway joined Pinsky's VH1 show, 'Celebrity Rehab,' to address his addiction to drugs and alcohol. Sadly, his sobriety attempt failed and last year, the actor was injured in a fall while under the influence of OxyContin and methadone.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Send Us Your Best Celebrity Halloween Costume -- Here's How to Submit
- Bryan Singer Expecting First Child With Best Friend Michelle Clunie
- Teresa, Joe Giudice Post-Jail Sentencing: "There's an Icy Distance"
- ?Judges Have No Jurisdiction In Where Someone Is Assigned,' Prison Official Says Of False Reports That Judge Sent Teresa Giudice To ?OINTB' Prison
- Headed For A Mistrial? Another Jodi Arias Juror Dismissed ? Over Nancy Grace!
- What Renee Zellweger said about plastic surgery ... in 2002
- ?Honey Boo Boo' in limbo after sex offender report
- 2014 'watershed year' for treatment of clergy in film?
- Batgirl, Mr. Incredible Fight on Hollywood Boulevard; Waldo, Chewbacca Try to Save the Day—Watch Now!
- Kat Dennings Jokes About Her "Very Dark and Tortured" Childhood, Shares Photo From "Goth" Past
- Defending Renée Zellweger: "She's Stunning," Says Her The Whole Truth Co-Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw