Maria Refuses to Hide: 'She Has Done Nothing Wrong'
By Rob Shuter Posted May 23rd 2011 04:00PM
No one knew for sure if Maria Shriver would show up for Oprah's farewell extravaganza last week so soon after news broke about her husband's infidelity, but she did, and for good reason: Maria refuses to hide.
"She's done nothing wrong, but even so I'm surprised she has had enough courage to go out in public," a friend of Maria's tells me. "When this happens, most women want the world to swallow them up. They want to stay home behind closed doors, but not Maria."
The friend goes on to describe Maria as an "extraordinary woman" who "refuses to hide because of what some jerk did to her."
The former TV journalist has hired a high-profile divorce lawyer and because Arnold is in the wrong, she could possibly take half of the actor's assets. There are also murmurings that there are "about two more [out of wedlock kids] somebody else knows about," according to Jane Seymour.
"Maria is a very strong lady," the friend states. "Don't get me wrong, she is devastated by what has happened and her heart is broken, but like so many Kennedy women in the past she will pick up the pieces and move on with her life."
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington Spotted With Long Hair, Twitter Abuzz About Jon Snow
- 16 Dramas to Binge Before Emmy Nominations
- 12 Comedies to Binge Before Emmy Nominations
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril