Maria Refuses to Hide: 'She Has Done Nothing Wrong'
By Rob Shuter Posted May 23rd 2011 04:00PM
No one knew for sure if Maria Shriver would show up for Oprah's farewell extravaganza last week so soon after news broke about her husband's infidelity, but she did, and for good reason: Maria refuses to hide.
"She's done nothing wrong, but even so I'm surprised she has had enough courage to go out in public," a friend of Maria's tells me. "When this happens, most women want the world to swallow them up. They want to stay home behind closed doors, but not Maria."
The friend goes on to describe Maria as an "extraordinary woman" who "refuses to hide because of what some jerk did to her."
The former TV journalist has hired a high-profile divorce lawyer and because Arnold is in the wrong, she could possibly take half of the actor's assets. There are also murmurings that there are "about two more [out of wedlock kids] somebody else knows about," according to Jane Seymour.
"Maria is a very strong lady," the friend states. "Don't get me wrong, she is devastated by what has happened and her heart is broken, but like so many Kennedy women in the past she will pick up the pieces and move on with her life."
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rob Lowe: I struggled with monogamy
- 'Good Wife' co-creator says show is done killing off characters
- Neeson season: Liam's films ranked from worst to best
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'The Maze Runner,' 'A Walk Among the Tombstones' and More
- 'This Is Where I Leave You': What the Critics Are Saying
- 'A Walk Among the Tombstones': What the Critics Are Saying
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Best of Late Night TV: Kaley Cuoco's Leaked Nudes and Billy Crystal's Lip Flip (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Married' Finale, 'Breaking Amish' Premiere, and More Picks
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Is the Best Season Yet, Says Jessica Lange