Princess Beatrice's Royal Wedding Hat Sells for Over $130,000
By Christo Varghese Posted May 23rd 2011 03:30AM
E! Online is reporting that the (in)famous hat, which was put on eBay for auction, was sold on Sunday for a staggering £81,100.01 (approximately $131,000+).
The money raised through the auction will be donated to UNICEF UK and Children in Crisis through Princess Beatrice's Little Bee Initiative campaign.
The proud new owner of the Philip Treacy creation was not revealed, as eBay said that the winner was an anonymous bidder.
The headpiece was an instant eye catcher and grabbed headlines around the world. It even has its own Facebook page and has been compared to everything from a giant pretzel to a toilet seat.
In the eBay description, Princess Beatrice wrote, "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted. It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities. I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion Recap: Lisa Vanderpump, Brandi Glanville Butt Heads in Part 1
- Behati Prinsloo Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction, Flashes Her Bare Butt ? See the Photo!
- Tracy Morgan Still Using Cane to Walk Almost Year After Tragic Car Accident ? See the Recent Pic
- Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- The Flash Boss Breaks Down Everything We Just Learned About Harrison Wells...and Eobard Thawne?!
- Beyoncé Shows Off Legs for Days in Sexy Purple Skirt While Making Surprise Appearance at Chanel Fashion Show
- Joni Mitchell Rushed to Hospital After Falling Ill at Los Angeles Home: Report