Princess Beatrice's Royal Wedding Hat Sells for Over $130,000
By Christo Varghese Posted May 23rd 2011 03:30AM
E! Online is reporting that the (in)famous hat, which was put on eBay for auction, was sold on Sunday for a staggering £81,100.01 (approximately $131,000+).
The money raised through the auction will be donated to UNICEF UK and Children in Crisis through Princess Beatrice's Little Bee Initiative campaign.
The proud new owner of the Philip Treacy creation was not revealed, as eBay said that the winner was an anonymous bidder.
The headpiece was an instant eye catcher and grabbed headlines around the world. It even has its own Facebook page and has been compared to everything from a giant pretzel to a toilet seat.
In the eBay description, Princess Beatrice wrote, "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted. It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities. I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Diddy as Prince, Ellen as Nicki! See Celebs Dressed as Other Stars For Halloween
- Amal Alamuddin Goes Hollywood Glam In Gold Dress For Second Wedding Party: Photos
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine