Princess Beatrice's Royal Wedding Hat Sells for Over $130,000
By Christo Varghese Posted May 23rd 2011 03:30AM
E! Online is reporting that the (in)famous hat, which was put on eBay for auction, was sold on Sunday for a staggering £81,100.01 (approximately $131,000+).
The money raised through the auction will be donated to UNICEF UK and Children in Crisis through Princess Beatrice's Little Bee Initiative campaign.
The proud new owner of the Philip Treacy creation was not revealed, as eBay said that the winner was an anonymous bidder.
The headpiece was an instant eye catcher and grabbed headlines around the world. It even has its own Facebook page and has been compared to everything from a giant pretzel to a toilet seat.
In the eBay description, Princess Beatrice wrote, "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted. It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities. I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Little Princess Is Here! Gush Over These 5 Outfits Kate Middleton Should Dress Her Daughter In
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Welcome Baby Princess: 5 Best Highlights!
- Brooklyn Decker Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Andy Roddick: Baby Bump Photo!
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice care at his home
- Prolific crime and mystery writer Ruth Rendell dies
- Ireland Baldwin out of rehab but still getting help
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao's Fight Night: 9 Star-Studded Moments We Were Obsessed With
- Spice Girls Reunion! Victoria Beckham Brings the Group Together to Spice Up David Beckham's 40th Birthday
- Rick Santorum's Views on Bruce Jenner's Transition May Surprise Some: "You Have to Respect Everybody"