Princess Beatrice's Royal Wedding Hat Sells for Over $130,000
By Christo Varghese Posted May 23rd 2011 03:30AM
E! Online is reporting that the (in)famous hat, which was put on eBay for auction, was sold on Sunday for a staggering £81,100.01 (approximately $131,000+).
The money raised through the auction will be donated to UNICEF UK and Children in Crisis through Princess Beatrice's Little Bee Initiative campaign.
The proud new owner of the Philip Treacy creation was not revealed, as eBay said that the winner was an anonymous bidder.
The headpiece was an instant eye catcher and grabbed headlines around the world. It even has its own Facebook page and has been compared to everything from a giant pretzel to a toilet seat.
In the eBay description, Princess Beatrice wrote, "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted. It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities. I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus Reacts to Nicki Minaj's "Bitch" Threat During VMAs 2015 Live Broadcast: GIF
- Jill, Jessa Duggar Want to Raise Awareness About Sexual Abuse Amid Brother Josh's Scandal
- Hayden Christensen: Rachel Bilson "Was Very Keen" On Naming Daughter Briar Rose, Plays Disney Songs All the Time
- Quentin Tarantino slams Cate Blanchett films, Hollywood bigwigs
- Nicki Minaj, Kanye West go after Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake, respectively at MTV VMAs
- List of winners of 2015 MTV Video Music Award
- Justin Timberlake Responds to Kanye West's Jab During Video Vanguard Award Speech—Find Out What He Thought!
- Pretenders Singer Chrissie Hynde Slammed for Suggesting Women Are to Blame for Rape: "You Are Enticing Someone"
- Empire's Serayah Demonstrates How to Rock Fall's Major '70s Trend in ASOS Magazine—Take a Look!