Keith Richards Hints at 50th Anniversary Tour for the Rolling Stones
By Spinner Editors Posted May 24th 2011 04:15AM
Speaking to USA Today, the veteran guitarist was cryptic in his assessment of what fans can expect from the long-serving rock 'n' roll band.
"Something's blowing in the wind," he said. "The idea's there. We kind of know we should do it, but nobody's put their finger on the moment yet. This is what we have to ask each other: Do we want to go out in a blaze of glory? We can, if Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts feel like I do, that we can still turn people on. We don't have to prove nothing anymore. I just love playing, and I miss the crowd."
Richards also claimed to have patched up his differences with Sir Mick following the guitarist's less-than-flattering description of the frontman's personality and -- ahem -- genitals in his best-selling autobiography, 'Life.'
"Mick pouted a bit, as is his wont," said Richards. "I told him, 'It's water under the bridge. I want to talk about the future. We're larger than a little bitching here and there. It's only rock 'n' roll.' I love working with Mick. Maybe that friction that makes it work, that bit of sand in the oyster that makes the pearl."
Fans of the band will be delighted to hear that a re-issue of 1978's 'Some Girls' similar to 2010's 'Exile On Main Street' set is in the works. Containing hits such as 'Miss You' and 'Beast of Burden,' the album is widely acknowledged to be the Rolling Stones' last true masterpiece.
Get more at Spinner >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham gets new reality show
- 'Arrested Development' fans geeking out over Netflix return
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- WATCH: What Makes A Great Movie Adaptation?
- Katie Holmes Gets Wet On Set Of New Movie
- 'Saved By The Bell' Cast's Worst Roles, Post-Bayside Graduation
- Jimmy Kimmel's ?The Baby Bachelor' continues his search for true love ? VIDEO
- ?Star Trek': Damon Lindelof apologizes for showing Alice Eve in her underwear. (Seriously?)
- New ?Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Means Business
- ?DWTS' Winner: Kellie Pickler Takes Home the Mirrored Ball
- Extra Scoop: Brad Pitt's Esquire Confession: ?I Have Very Few Friends'