'Maks and Kirstie Are Going to Be Friends for Life'
By Rob Shuter Posted May 24th 2011 05:01PM
Whether she ends up with the Mirror Ball trophy or not, Kirstie Alley has emerged as the year's feel-good story on 'Dancing With the Stars,' and while she's losing a ton of weight, she's gained something in return.
"Maks and Kirstie are going to be friends for life," a friend of Kirstie's tells me about her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. "They have bonded on so many levels. He has done more for her than any doctor or dietitian. She wishes she could bottle him up and sell him to all those ladies who need to lose a few pounds."
Here's hoping Kirstie has a talk with Maksim about staying on the show to help out other stars. He tells AOL TV that this season has left him "drained" and that he's thinking about hanging up his dancing shoes.
"It takes a lot out of you," he said of the show. "When you invest that much of you into something that's supposed to be just work you [can] get misinterpreted. I don't know [if I'm coming back]. We'll see. Right now, I'm drained."
Not that he's going to be letting up. Kirstie and Maks have signed up to perform at the 'All the Right Moves!' event in NYC on June 5. The two have been yukking it up all day on Twitter.
"I'm not cheating," he wrote after a playful accusation from the 'Cheers' star. "We have our 'world tour' and YOU better be ready to Argentine Tango on June 5th!!!"
Kirstie conceded, saying, "I yuv u... I need u to to hug me.., u win."
So when the dust settles and Kirstie returns to Hollywood later this summer, watch out. I'm hearing she's planning on dancing all the way to the bank with possible new TV projects or even a revived movie career.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Blacklist Recap: Red Reddington Gets Ruthless to Save His Wife
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Movie Night Recap: Two Perfect Scores, One Surprising Elimination
- Jason Derulo Not on "Good Terms" With Jordin Sparks Post-Split; Amanda Bynes Arrested for Second DUI: Top 5 Stories
- Family First ? George Zimmerman's Brother Robert Talks Family Rebranding And His Role Models: ?I Learn A Lot' From Kardashians
- ?The View' Feuds: Rosie O'Donnell & Whoopi Goldberg Fight In Front Of Audience – ?I'm Really Sick Of Your Sh*t!'
- It's A Presidential Baby! Chelsea Clinton Introduces Daughter Charlotte To The World – See Their Bundle Of Joy
- Is Carrie Underwood trading country music for Christian?
- The roles that got away
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Trouble in Paradise?