'Maks and Kirstie Are Going to Be Friends for Life'
By Rob Shuter Posted May 24th 2011 05:01PM
Whether she ends up with the Mirror Ball trophy or not, Kirstie Alley has emerged as the year's feel-good story on 'Dancing With the Stars,' and while she's losing a ton of weight, she's gained something in return.
"Maks and Kirstie are going to be friends for life," a friend of Kirstie's tells me about her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. "They have bonded on so many levels. He has done more for her than any doctor or dietitian. She wishes she could bottle him up and sell him to all those ladies who need to lose a few pounds."
Here's hoping Kirstie has a talk with Maksim about staying on the show to help out other stars. He tells AOL TV that this season has left him "drained" and that he's thinking about hanging up his dancing shoes.
"It takes a lot out of you," he said of the show. "When you invest that much of you into something that's supposed to be just work you [can] get misinterpreted. I don't know [if I'm coming back]. We'll see. Right now, I'm drained."
Not that he's going to be letting up. Kirstie and Maks have signed up to perform at the 'All the Right Moves!' event in NYC on June 5. The two have been yukking it up all day on Twitter.
"I'm not cheating," he wrote after a playful accusation from the 'Cheers' star. "We have our 'world tour' and YOU better be ready to Argentine Tango on June 5th!!!"
Kirstie conceded, saying, "I yuv u... I need u to to hug me.., u win."
So when the dust settles and Kirstie returns to Hollywood later this summer, watch out. I'm hearing she's planning on dancing all the way to the bank with possible new TV projects or even a revived movie career.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor After the Final Rose Recap: Juan Pablo Can't Say "I Love You"
- Andi Dorfman Named Bachelorette for Season 10!
- Bachelor Season 18 Finale Spoiler: Does Juan Pablo Pick Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley?
- My Mom Is To Blame! ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Defends Baby Daddy Yelling At Her Mother, Says He Overheard Her Making Rude Comments About Him
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Beauty and the Beast's Sexy Reunion, How I Met Your Mother's Big Secret Revealed and More OMG TV Moments
- The Bachelor Finale Recap: Did Juan Pablo Choose Nikki or Clare? Plus, Find Out if They're Still Together!
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are All Over Each Other in Sexy New Dance Video—Watch Now!