'Maks and Kirstie Are Going to Be Friends for Life'
By Rob Shuter Posted May 24th 2011 05:01PM
Whether she ends up with the Mirror Ball trophy or not, Kirstie Alley has emerged as the year's feel-good story on 'Dancing With the Stars,' and while she's losing a ton of weight, she's gained something in return.
"Maks and Kirstie are going to be friends for life," a friend of Kirstie's tells me about her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. "They have bonded on so many levels. He has done more for her than any doctor or dietitian. She wishes she could bottle him up and sell him to all those ladies who need to lose a few pounds."
Here's hoping Kirstie has a talk with Maksim about staying on the show to help out other stars. He tells AOL TV that this season has left him "drained" and that he's thinking about hanging up his dancing shoes.
"It takes a lot out of you," he said of the show. "When you invest that much of you into something that's supposed to be just work you [can] get misinterpreted. I don't know [if I'm coming back]. We'll see. Right now, I'm drained."
Not that he's going to be letting up. Kirstie and Maks have signed up to perform at the 'All the Right Moves!' event in NYC on June 5. The two have been yukking it up all day on Twitter.
"I'm not cheating," he wrote after a playful accusation from the 'Cheers' star. "We have our 'world tour' and YOU better be ready to Argentine Tango on June 5th!!!"
Kirstie conceded, saying, "I yuv u... I need u to to hug me.., u win."
So when the dust settles and Kirstie returns to Hollywood later this summer, watch out. I'm hearing she's planning on dancing all the way to the bank with possible new TV projects or even a revived movie career.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nikki Ferrell Blasts Bachelorette Producers: How Do They Sleep at Night?
- Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Cozy up for Picture at House Party
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Do You Smell What He's Cooking? Dwayne Johnson Is A ?Total Sex Pot,' His Co-Star Raves ? Did They Get Close Off Set Too?
- On The Hunt For Baby Bumps! Celebs Show Off Their Pregnancy Styles ? See How They Dress Up Their Biggest Accessory!
- Forklift Fumble ? ?New Year's Eve' Employee Sues For Pain & Suffering After On-Set Accident Leaves Him Injured
- Hot mom or hot mess?
- Sofia Vergara's new man spends time with her family
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Miranda Kerr Talks Being Her Most Beautiful, Balanced Self: Women Should "Motivate Each Other"
- Justin Theroux Tells Chelsea Handler Why He Often Gives Their Mutual Friends Eggs—Watch Now!
- Hilary Duff Plays the Worst Employee of All Time in "Chasing the Sun"—Watch the Music Video Now!