That's It: Final 'Oprah' Episode Tapes in Front of 'Skittle'-Colored Audience
By PopEater Staff Posted May 24th 2011 04:32PM
Promos for the episode ask "Where were you?" and "Where will you be?" for the finale. For the lucky few, the answer was "At the show."
"You think about how many billions of people around the world watch her and want to be here," Sarah Cranley, 32, told the AP outside. "What are the odds?"
Another fan, Jackie Polk, told the New York Times that ticket-holders were instructed to wear brightly colored clothing, so that "We all look like a bag of skittles."
Some were initially told that the taping would be on Monday, but that date was later pushed to Tuesday. No matter, fans simply changed their travel plans to accommodate the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Keeping with the secretive vibe, the finale was closed to the media and there are no plans to release excerpts from it.
Winfrey's bestie, Gayle King, milled about with the fans and interviewed several of them with a camera phone. "I have such mixed feelings about it," she said about the show's end.
Since you do not live under a rock, you are aware Winfrey is leaving her show after 25 years to concentrate on OWN, her fledgling cable network.
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alicia Keys Shares Stunning Family Photo With Swizz Beatz, New Baby Genesis
- Elizabeth Berkley Gushes About "Emotional" Saved by the Bell Reunion: Watch
- Margot Robbie Dominates Jimmy Fallon in Epic Flip Cup Game: Watch!
- Dress that 'greatly resembles' stolen Lupita Nyong'o gown recovered
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ?Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Source: Bobbi Kristina Brown has shown ?absolutely no signs of life lately'
- Amber Rose's Butt Comes Up in Manslaughter Trial: Defendant Claims She Gave Amber Injections!
- Robert De Niro Didn't Mean to Not Pay $6.4 Million in Taxes—the IRS Just Mixed Up His Address!
- Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen Oscars Dress Has Been Returned—and Thief Claims the Pearls Are All Fake!