Leak Fest: Are Arnold and Maria Behind All the Negative Stories?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 25th 2011 09:45AM
Can you believe it? It's only been a little over a week since the stop-the-presses story of Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child emerged, and after a flurry of new details -- divorce lawyers, rumors of additional kids and mistresses -- the finger is now pointed back to the jilted wife. Is Maria Shriver behind the leaking of the original story?
According to TMZ, a "hysterical" Maria wanted to hold a press conference after learning the truth about the true paternity of Mildred Patty Baena's son, but was convinced to just leak the story to a pair of media outlets.
In addition to putting the focus on Maria, negative stories have also appeared in the media attacking Mildred as well and people that know a thing or two about spinning a story -- media insiders and PR flacks -- tell me this is exactly what the former Governor needs right now.
As is the case with a lot of "other women," much of the media's attention has been focused on finding out more about Arnold's former mistress. Sample headlines include, 'Arnold's Baby Mama -- MANEATER!' and 'Arnold's Baby Mama -- 'Self Hating Hispanic'
"Anyone that thinks these stories are just popping up by themselves is naive," one A-list publicist tells me. "This is obviously an attempt to distract attention from the man who caused all this and direct it to Maria, who has done nothing wrong. Just because it's worked for him in the past, it's not going to work this time."
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Politics -
- Splitsville -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Halle Berry launching a lingerie line
- Zack Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- New report claims Elizabeth Pena died from alcohol abuse
- Halle Berry Invests in a Luxury Lingerie Line
- TV Ratings: Most Series Steady Against Improved World Series, 'The 100' Returns Down
- A Day in the (Very Busy) Life of Shondaland MVP Tom Verica
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- It's Official: Christian Bale Will Play Steve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin-Penned Biopic
- Brad Pitt's 'Between Two Ferns' Is the Most Hilarious Installment to Date
- The 'Insidious: Chapter 3' Trailer Is Frightfully Fun (VIDEO)